Switching Dates on Princess

Mama23Angels

Hey, has anyone recently had to switch their dates on a Princess Cruise. We actually booked today and payed the deposit with a travel agent and then realised my son will be with his Dad during the dates we picked so we want to switch dates by a few weeks to make it work. The cruise we have booked is in February 2018. I was reading their cancellation policy and am a bit confused if we will loss our deposit or not, or what they might charge us to switch. Our travel agent is currently MIA so I thought I would see if anyone here has some recent experience like this. Grrrrrrr, super irritated with myself, just got so excited about it I lost my head. Thanks.

Technically you are canceling and rebooking a different cruise. In most cases you can transfer your deposit to the new cruise, in some cases, not. It depends in the rules in place for the promotion when you did book. Your TA will be able to tell you.

Thanks for the reply. My husband was able to speak to someone at the travel agency and we were able to switch without penalty. Phew!
Technically, as Cheryl said above, you were canceled and rebooked. You'll receive a new booking number and anything you pre-reserved such as dining, tours, etc. need to be redone.

Keith, often even when it is non-refundable it is still transferable. Done that several times, but it did have to be transferred immediately.

Thanks. I have seen that here on CC but I have also seen where some have lost it.

I guess like you said it works if it's done right away. :)

Keith, often even when it is non-refundable it is still transferable. Done that several times, but it did have to be transferred immediately.

The travel agent likely booked the cruise with the 24 (or 48 or whatever it is) hour hold and delayed making the deposit payment until later, but, before the hold period was over. Sounds like a "thank you" is due for the TA from the OP. Nice to hear that things work out sometimes.