Britannia obstructed balcony cabin G405

Bikermouse72

Hi all,

I'm doing a Caribbean cruise on Britannia in February next year and are staying in cabin G405, I read a previous post that mentioned it was a noisy cabin with a constant fan noise and this on top of it looking like's it's directly above the smoking area at Java is starting to worry me a little. Although I'm not a fan, I can put up with the occasional smell of smoke but all 3 of us will struggle with being kept awake with a noisy fan.

Any pictures, tips or advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bikermouse

Hi Bikermouse, I was in G405 and My mother had G407 both cabins suffered from a constant low level noise disturbance from the area opposite which is some sort of service room, Electrical I think. I complained about this on board and eventually got both cabins changed mid cruise, I am not a complainer but after 5 days we had enough.

There was smoking below the balcony which is on the Java Side but this was not an issue not much smell or smoke. My issue at the time was PO website said smoking was on Glasshouse side so information at time of Sailing was wrong. I was told they had switched smoking sides from Glasshouse to Java.. When I returned home I spoke to PO directly and they changed there web site details to correct information, Smoking outside Java.

My Opinion if you can change your cabin go for Glasshouse side. I am going on Britannia again and have booked G226, No obstruction and not a smoking area.

Hi Bikermouse, I was in G405 and My mother had G407 both cabins suffered from a constant low level noise disturbance from the area opposite which is some sort of service room, Electrical I think. I complained about this on board and eventually got both cabins changed mid cruise, I am not a complainer but after 5 days we had enough.

There was smoking below the balcony which is on the Java Side but this was not an issue not much smell or smoke. My issue at the time was PO website said smoking was on Glasshouse side so information at time of Sailing was wrong. I was told they had switched smoking sides from Glasshouse to Java.. When I returned home I spoke to PO directly and they changed there web site details to correct information, Smoking outside Java.

My Opinion if you can change your cabin go for Glasshouse side. I am going on Britannia again and have booked G226, No obstruction and not a smoking area.

Thank you Mark for your response, I'm pleased that the smoking below is not as big an issue as i thought it might be and I agree with your complaint, if you book a cabin based on information that is provided and then they change it, I agree they should give you what you've paid for. Unfortunately for me I booked a guaranteed cabin and have been allocated this room, which from the plan looks to be in a good position in terms of obstructions as it looks like the room isn't too affected by the lifeboars, can you confirm this please? So for us it looks like we've got what we've been given and so i'm a little concerned about the noise.

Thanks again, your input is appreciated,

Bikermouse

Thank you Mark for your response, I'm pleased that the smoking below is not as big an issue as i thought it might be and I agree with your complaint, if you book a cabin based on information that is provided and then they change it, I agree they should give you what you've paid for. Unfortunately for me I booked a guaranteed cabin and have been allocated this room, which from the plan looks to be in a good position in terms of obstructions as it looks like the room isn't too affected by the lifeboars, can you confirm this please? So for us it looks like we've got what we've been given and so i'm a little concerned about the noise.

Thanks again, your input is appreciated,

Bikermouse

Hi Bikermouse, Slight correction which could be good news, I had G407 and G409 so hopefully G405 will not have a noise issue, All cabins above glass house have a good view no obstruction, I found Britannia a good ship and enjoyed the cruise, Even with the hassle we had it was ok. Hopefully you do not get any issues but if you do raise it with the reception and keep on we got moved in the end.

Hi Bikermouse, Slight correction which could be good news, I had G407 and G409 so hopefully G405 will not have a noise issue, All cabins above glass house have a good view no obstruction, I found Britannia a good ship and enjoyed the cruise, Even with the hassle we had it was ok. Hopefully you do not get any issues but if you do raise it with the reception and keep on we got moved in the end.

Thank you Mark, that could be good news, I'll remain hopeful. Hope you enjoy your next cruise on Britannia, thanks again.

Check out the Royal/ Regal princess site which has views from Obstructed view cabins equivalent to Britannia is E deck on Royal/Regal, It shows great views of all Balcony cabinshttps://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

Thank you Mark, that could be good news, I'll remain hopeful. Hope you enjoy your next cruise on Britannia, thanks again.

Check out the Royal/ Regal princess site which has views from Obstructed view cabins equivalent to Britannia is E deck on Royal/Regal, It shows great views of all Balcony cabinshttps://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

Thanks again Mark, you've been a great help, I'll take a look as I've not been able to find many cabin pictures of Britannia.

I have bumped a similar thread on this. "Britannia cabin g438" Refer to post #2 click on link then scroll down to cabin E405. This is equivalent to identical location on Britannia. I have checked and a E405 is listed as not obstructed with a library photo of a generic identical cabin.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 5 years later...
6 hours ago, Welshboyo said:

Hi biker was cabin 405 ok in the end? As thinking of booking this.

We have stayed in G407 (next door) and have booked it again for the end of this month. 

There are no real obstructions, lovely clear views out to sea. 

Mid ship, low down, sofa, all the things that make it attractive. 

We don't recall any noticeable noise at all? 

2 other things to consider though. As mentioned previously, It is above a smoking area. We are non smokers but it didn't cause us any issues. 

They have also been used as quarantine cabins, so if there is another wave of you know what, we run the risk of being moved without consultation. 

We booked it for a second time as we wanted to recreate as close as possible our previous fantastic cruise from 2018.

Andy 

• Like 2

Many thanks  Andy this is really useful. I need to book a family room and been given the choice of the following cabins 

401 to 405 inclusive or 330 to 333 inclusive. So probably 405 is the best choice.

kind regards

Dafydd