Disney Wonder Deck 2 (room near Edge)

gironbea

Hello, I am going to be booking a room for four people for March 2017, and the only rooms available are near the Edge Lounge. I'm between booking room 2073 or 2573. The other ones available are rooms 2101/03/05. Any recent reviews on these rooms? I'm pretty concerned about the noise since 2073 is one room away from the Edge Lounge and rooms 2101/03/05 are apparently underneath restaurants? And I read somewhere online that Deck 2 is problematic because of the noise but some older reviews said they didn't hear any. This is my first cruise and I've been put in charge of booking the rooms so I don't want to mess this up. Thank you!

Edited by gironbea

Hello, I am going to be booking a room for four people for March 2017, and the only rooms available are near the Edge Lounge. I'm between booking room 2073 or 2573. The other ones available are rooms 2101/03/05. Any recent reviews on these rooms? I'm pretty concerned about the noise since 2073 is one room away from the Edge Lounge and rooms 2101/03/05 are apparently underneath restaurants? And I read somewhere online that Deck 2 is problematic because of the noise but some older reviews said they didn't hear any. This is my first cruise and I've been put in charge of booking the rooms so I don't want to mess this up. Thank you!

Well, the noise in the rooms closest to the dining rooms aren't really much of an issue. As the noise generated there is during the dining times, and chances are you aren't going to be in your room (except briefly) during those times. There's no noise during times when it isn't dinner time.

We've been in rooms just off the elevator lobby where Edge is on deck 2. For the most part the kids in Edge are told to keep the noise down when leaving the club. We've never had any issue with hearing noise from the club itself.

Exactly--I spent 24 nights in a midship room very close to the Edge. It was no problem at all. In fact, I took the time to go in and compliment the CMs on th behavior in there. She said that the kids were warned that if there were complaints, various activities would have to be canceled. We had no issues. This was the Magic, but same configuration.

As to being under a dining room...dinner will end by 10pm. There may be just a bit of noise during clean up if they need to move any tables, but that should be minimal. You won't get noise from people talking and such--it would be from heavy things being moved. I can't see this being a problem. You DON'T want to be under a nightclub. That can be a noise issue, primarily due to the bass.

Book whatever feels right to you now, but then keep your eyes open (particularly right before and after final payment). Rooms sometimes open up at this time and you could possible move if you are not comfortable with what you book now. There is no charge for this if you stay with the same category.

Edited by moki'smommy