Odyssey in Amalfi, Italy

fudge

We are also in Amalfi on board a Regent ship, the Odyssey has just pulled up along side, a lovely ship we have sailed on twice, we may just see if we can sneak back on board her. . ;p:cool:

Oh No, the Odyssey is now in Civitavecchia, this time I will swim to the ship and climb on board, what a lovely looking ship, Seabourn for us next time without fail! ;p

fudge, I remember your posts from last summer when your itinerary was changed in a big way because of SB cancelling Turkish ports. I know the changes didn't work out too well for you but I hope you do give Seabourn another chance in the future.

Anyway, continue to enjoy the next couple of days on your Regent cruise. .:champagne-toast:

I'm still reading your posts over on the Regent board even though I'm not posting there

You have a great memory!

I will certainly give Seabourn another chance without doubt, we tried Regent because of the itinerary, unfortunately it has not worked out, not a disaster, but once you have tried other cruise lines you get used to the service and ambiance, another lovely day in Italy, wine tasting again. :cool:

I'm not sure that I have a great memory, more like I spend far too much time on Cruise Critic! ;p

I keep wondering about giving Regent a try so I'm always interested to read reviews from Seabourn cruisers who are trying Regent. I'm a huge fan of Seabourn but it's always good to have alternatives!

I see from your morning post on the Regent board that you're in Portoferraio on the island of Elba today. Not sure if you'll have time but hopefully your wine tasting gives you the opportunity to see something of the island. It's beautiful.

We did get time to see the Island, you are right it is beautiful, very scenic. The wine tasting was very good, although as you can imagine it is only a tasting.

This is our first cruise with Regent, the bonus is the "free" if you can call it that, internet and the excursions are all included.

We chose a concierge suite to be on a par with suits we are used to on SS and Seabourn, and we are not disappointed.

There are however several issues which do not live up to Seabourn or SS. We would have to really like the itinerary and the price to sail with Regent again.