Any update on Sirena Refurb?

AllisonJames

I'm enjoying Azamara's tweeting on the Quest Refurb but haven't seen any progress reports on Sirena -- anyone have any updates?

It appears that the bosses of O have decided to keep everything quiet on the refurb. I asked them some time ago to consider a few photos or written updates from the yard, but have not had a response. When I called the PR folks they said they had passed my request along, I suspect it is in Davey jones' locker (the sea). We are on Sirena for her first trip out from under the sea witch label and look forward to her being refreshed, refurbished and renewed in the O style.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I'm enjoying Azamara's tweeting on the Quest Refurb but haven't seen any progress reports on Sirena -- anyone have any updates?

A long time in coming, but Sirena is enroute towards Barcelona now so she is finished with the refurb and it is engine testing time and other shakedowns before pulling alongside the pier in Barcelona. Of course, I had to dig this up myself from marine traffic - she is on course 282 M heading west at 14 knots. I am on my way to the airport to fly to Barcelona and join the ship, and very happy to learn that all appears well with the refit.:)

A long time in coming, but Sirena is enroute towards Barcelona now so she is finished with the refurb and it is engine testing time and other shakedowns before pulling alongside the pier in Barcelona. Of course, I had to dig this up myself from marine traffic - she is on course 282 M heading west at 14 knots. I am on my way to the airport to fly to Barcelona and join the ship, and very happy to learn that all appears well with the refit.:)

Have a great time! Eager to hear more about Sirena and hope you will post.

Chiming in to say I look forward to meeting those of you onboard! Heading to the airport for my flight (staying in a hotel tomorrow) as I write. Haven't yet checked to see if there's a Cruise Critic meet-up....

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic