Question about Seasickness

Sherbear67

Ask your own physician about Transderm Scop patches. Personally I do not like those patches because they have too many side effects for too many folks. But it is an alternative and very effective against mal de mer.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=queasy+beads&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

I bought Queasy Beads from Etsy. They're nicer looking than most sea bands, so I didn't mind wearing them even when dressed up in the evening.

I found most crystallized ginger to be too spicy/hot for my palate. But the bracelets alone did the trick for me, no need for anything else. Your experience, of course, could be totally different! I would advise checking with your doctor or pharmacist for recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
Just remember--why get sick in the first place??? I used Bonine the day before and a few days into the cruise. I never got sick. But whatever you decide to use, I would say put it on before you step on the ship. Happy sailing.

I agree. We take one Bonine chewable tablet every morning from 1 st day to last and have never had a problem. If you wait until you are sea sick nothing will help. We have been on a lot of cruises in really had rough seas without a problem. Never made us drowsy either like patches and other meds.

I've tried the wrist bands but never had any luck. The Rx patches work great. To be honest unless you are going open sea like going to Hawaii the waves are minimal. I'd only worry if you are on a smaller/old ship and going to open sea. Even when we went to Hawaii w/Princess the stabilizers worked great. You felt more moving out of port than at sea. Can't say the same for the Holland ship following us. Poor guys were on many of our excursions and were complaining. Cruising to Alaska, Mexico, and Caribbean has never bothered me seasickness wise and two of those trips were in hurricane season. I've stopped taking anything. If it bothers me I'll go to the gift shop. Prices are fair on sea sickness products. Everything else... not so much. Probably has something to do with not wanting to clean some things on the ship. :)