Duty free in Sydney

erniebernie

Hi we will be arriving in Sydney on QV and was wondering how I go about buying duty free there? I only want a watch for my Husbands birthday which is while we are on board or could I get it in Auckland before we embark and if so how? thanks Allison

Depending on the ship (and I haven't bought a watch on Cunard), prices on board can be quite similar or at times cheaper than what you can get duty free on land. We bought a couple of Citizen watches on X once and they were a lot cheaper than here in the shops. Generally I think duty free is not what it used to be - you can find the same products for similar prices on sale.There are several duty free shops or ones where overseas visitors can buy Sydney. We also have the TRS (tourist refund scheme) which allows visitors and departing Australian to claim back the GST component of goods purchased. In this case goods can be bought from any store not a duty free one.https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Tour/Are-you-a-traveller

Edited by Aussieflyer

Thank you all, as it is a surprise present for him I cant be more specific about which one and as someone kindly pointed out Citizen have over 147 different models but im guessing they not all onboard. I will just have to take a gamble and hope he likes the one he gets. Thanks again.