Caribbean Princess Ship and Princess Cruise 2017 Questions

kadrik0

Hi,

Going to be onboard the Caribbean Princess here in about 16 days. Just have a few questions about this cruise ship and Princess in general.

1. Does the Vines on this ship do the sushi and glass of wine special in the afternoon like many Princess ships?

2. Does anyone have a picture/list of the mocktails offered this year? I know last year they dropped a drink or two from their menu but ships differ.

3. On the cuisine books has anyone bought several of the princess cuisine books? I found them on amazon for $.01 and $3.99 shipping. Thinking about buying at least 1 if not all 3 on amazon. Do the recipes change much? Are they all recipes that have exotic ingredients that you most likely won't be able to make at home?

4. Anything special or unique to Caribbean Princess vs some of the other Princess ships besides crew?

5. I cruised last year with Princess to Alaska. Anything noteworthy new to Princess since June that they offer? I know I'm missing out on their new chip technology and the bed upgrades by like one day. The beds come in as we are leaving. Grrr!!! (Their beds really aren't that bad but they are basically bringing in a tempurpedic like bed.)

6. Do they offer buy 1 get one 1 cocktails on sea days at that one bar at 3pm?

7. Anyone have a list of the current movies Princess is showing on top deck?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,Going to be onboard the Caribbean Princess here in about 16 days. Just have a few questions about this cruise ship and Princess in general.

1. Does the Vines on this ship do the sushi and glass of wine special in the afternoon like many Princess ships? They should have sushi and tapas during certain days & times but never guaranteed. Just ask after boarding; ask often enough and you may find some made for you

.2. Does anyone have a picture/list of the mocktails offered this year? I know last year they dropped a drink or two from their menu but ships differ. The menu really doesn't matter; every cocktail is available alcohol-free for the asking. For example the ChocoBanana (virgin Dirty Monkey) was removed from the printed bar menus nearly 3 years ago but is still very popular.

3. On the cuisine books has anyone bought several of the princess cuisine books? I found them on amazon for $.01 and $3.99 shipping. Thinking about buying at least 1 if not all 3 on amazon. Do the recipes change much? Are they all recipes that have exotic ingredients that you most likely won't be able to make at home? Can't imagine they are revised very often; does the Amazon listing give the date of printing? Up to you to invest the $4 or not.

4. Anything special or unique to Caribbean Princess vs some of the other Princess ships besides crew? Caribbean Princess is a hybrid of the older (Grand, Golden, Star Princess) and the newer (Crown, Emerald, Ruby Princess) grand-class Princess ships. Though what she really is, is the older design with an additional deck of staterooms but missing several venues of the newer design. If Crown/Emerald/Ruby was the ship you previously sailed Caribbean may feel like a step back. A few unique features are the higher, more over-water design of Skywalker's Nightclub, and the smaller more intimate Wheelhouse Bar.

5. I cruised last year with Princess to Alaska. Anything noteworthy new to Princess since June that they offer? I know I'm missing out on their new chip technology and the bed upgrades by like one day. The beds come in as we are leaving. Grrr!!! (Their beds really aren't that bad but they are basically bringing in a tempurpedic like bed.) You're not missing anything if you won't have the new beds. They were made super, super, super soft as a response to all the complaints that the old mattresses were too firm. But I am in the opposite camp with an extra-firm mattress and memory foam pillows at home, thus finding the new "Luxury Beds" to be absolute mush. YMMV of course.

6. Do they offer buy 1 get one 1 cocktails on sea days at that one bar at 3pm?

Happy hour is now buy one/get a second identical one for $1. Usually twice a day from 3 to 4 and either 11-midnite or some nights 10-11. Venues may vary; always check the Princess Patter.

7. Anyone have a list of the current movies Princess is showing on top deck?

A question answered almost daily on the Princess boards which I encourage you to check out and post any additional questions.

Thanks for the help.

My thoughts in red above. Enjoy your cruise.

Princess board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Edited by fishywood