Have you ever felt ripped off?

silver surfer 2010

I agree with all this about who and where you can get ripped off but to my bitter disappointment by far the worst experience I have had is on my own high street last Saturday.

Spotted a pair of trousers in Mango in Manchester that I really liked and a bit unusual. (You know the sort of thing that you just have to get!!) I know both Mango and Zara are Spanish companies.

They cost me £49.95.

However when I got home and got them out of the bag another price tag on them saying the cost 39.99 euros. That's about £27 at the moment.

I rang the shop to ask why I had paid almost twice as much as the euro price and was told this is because they were exported from Spain. I simply cannot believe it cost so much to do this.

So sadly they will have to be returned however much I like them as a matter of principal. Apart from that I will be going to Spain next week and hopefully will see them there at the price they should be.

Kath

• 1 month later...
I agree with all this about who and where you can get ripped off but to my bitter disappointment by far the worst experience I have had is on my own high street last Saturday.

Spotted a pair of trousers in Mango in Manchester that I really liked and a bit unusual. (You know the sort of thing that you just have to get!!) I know both Mango and Zara are Spanish companies.

They cost me £49.95.

However when I got home and got them out of the bag another price tag on them saying the cost 39.99 euros. That's about £27 at the moment.

I rang the shop to ask why I had paid almost twice as much as the euro price and was told this is because they were exported from Spain. I simply cannot believe it cost so much to do this.

So sadly they will have to be returned however much I like them as a matter of principal. Apart from that I will be going to Spain next week and hopefully will see them there at the price they should be.

Kath

Kath

I wonder what would have happened if you had demanded to paay in euro's ?

I would have been if it hadn't have been for the internet.

Bangkok airport duty free Monday evening prior to flight home, I fancied a Jabra bluetooth mini speaker for my iPod.

Calculated the 2,800 Baht item at £50.94.

Checked UK Amazon for similar product: it arrived today on free delivery at cost £29.95....

21849986290_565467091b_z.jpg

Result.

Biggest rip off we have had was from a British Company, P&O !

Several years ago we booked a suite for a very special occasion, at the cost of several thousand pounds. After we had paid, we received a letter saying due to lack of sales that the price was being reduced by £1000, and they would be giving a credit for a future cruise to be taken with them, the credit £500!

We sailed on the cruise, but never took up their generous offer, and moved to Celebrity!

But you still follow P&O on this forum.

It must be a fatal attraction?

Avoid Sam Parfums in Lanzarote. They seem genuine but sold fake perfume for £42 but being a high street shop in a duty free advertised area we thought was genuine. Tried emailing as per their website but link doesnt work. Dont but there.