Upgrade question, Help please!

Julie O.

I am thinking of upgrading my cabin from catagory D1 to an grand suite. We are sailing on the Radiance of the Seas in December 2004. Does anyone know how much that would cost if we asked for an upgrade when we first arrive on the ship? Thanks for your help!

I don't think you will save any money waiting until you get to the pier. Besides, those suites are very popular and tend to book up quickly, so if you want it, pay for it now. We got a peek at several of them on our trip, and they look very nice. Also check out a JS - you don't get the same amenities (e.g., no access to the Concierge Club), but the cabins are great!

One general rule of cruising is that the most expensive and least expensive cabins book first so I would be surprised if those expensive cabins would even be available for upgrades in December. Also, cruise lines don't tend to "deeply discount" those more expensive cabins.

I've seen on other threads that if you upgrade from a D1 to any suite, it would be $400 based on availability. They say to get there as early as possible and keep your fingers crossed. You shouldn't "count on" being able to upgrade, but give it a try.

[quote name='ritarussell']I've seen on other threads that if you upgrade from a D1 to any suite, it would be $400 based on availability. They say to get there as early as possible and keep your fingers crossed. You shouldn't "count on" being able to upgrade, but give it a try.[/QUOTE]
This is exactly what I was wondering. I have been watching the availability of a suite located right next to our room and it still has not been taken. $400 does not seem too bad. Thanks again for the information.

Archived