Luggage transfer

kellysc13

If you are traveling with your luggage it would be included in your NCL Transfer fee.

Luggage going ahead of you must have some arrangements with a party at the airport

to receive and hold it for your pick-up.

Just sending it ahead of you without these arrangements would make it TSA suspect

as unattended baggage.

If you are taking a tour of the island before leaving the agent with that tour would be

the one to ask for further clarification - in most cases it is loaded in the belly of the bus

and taken with you on the tour and then all together dropped off at the airport with you.

Simply sending the luggage ahead is not going to work.

Some airlines do not accept baggage check-in early for a flight i.e 4 hours etc.

Also there is a requirement for you to check you baggage with Hawaiian Agriculture

before leaving the islands (no hitch-hiking bugs permitted).

Are you taking a tour of the island before you leave ?

It is good that you ask the questions now to be informed !

Does anyone know if the cruise offers luggage transfer to the airport after the cruise ends? I'm going on pride of America next month

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some reason you would not take it with you?

Everytime somebody else touches your stuff, the risk of it getting messed up increase.

If you take an excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take an excursion before leaving the islands the excursion tour usually takes your luggage

on the excursion and when that is done drops you and your luggage at the airline counter.

Check this out with the excursion tour provider.

Another option is you take your luggage to the airport and check it in - the airline allowing check-in

within its time frame and that being done then you take a cab for your tour for a few hours.

The airline you are traveling on being generous on the check-in time you could rent-a-car if your

departure time is several hours away. But both of these methods are not cheap. The POA sailing

schedule is weekend slanted so encountering traffic should not be of concern on your own private

venture - take care around Pearl Harbor or the Aloha Stadium for military navy sporting events

foiling your timely return to catch your flight - remember you have to pass thru TSA security and

be at your boarding gate at a specified time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, we wanted to go to Pearl Harbor on our own (taking cabs instead of renting a car) so didn't want to lug our bags around but we may look at a guided excursion since NCL doesn't offer luggage transfer (celebrity cruise I went on in March sent our bags to the airport and checked them in early for us - very convenient!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums