Hi Fellow Cruisers - First time on Disney

goksucats

This will be only my third Cruise and the first time on a Disney Cruise taking my daughter, and my wife, and going with in-laws this time. Been on fun Carnival and luxurious Viking Oceans, so this will be another new experience. Look forward to chatting with you. About a year and a half away, but anticipation is at least 50% of the fun! I'm starting to believe there is no such thing as a bad cruise! So far I've loved both of the ones I've been on. I know Disney will be first rate!

Some yes, some no. It is great for planning little details. Anyone can decide how far they want to take it. We don't do fish extenders, mixology classes, etc. There are cheerleaders, nay sayers, and more balanced opinions, like any part of life. The owner is a TA, and there is lots of criticism on it, trust me. The only time I saw any deletions of posts was around 2 yrs ago when cruise meet threads starting talking up Facebook and other boards. That got shut down, much to everyone else's unhappiness. So it's no longer a great place to find roll calls. Other than that, it's a great resource, especially for people that like to plan, or just generally get excited about their trip.

It was great for learning about Wonder's deck 7 secret balcony, deciding what PAT I wanted, or how to get the prime DCL excursions before they filled up. CC was great for finding non-DCL excursions, and specifics on ports.

But if you want an active non-stop DCL board, that one fits the bill. Or if you want to know exactly where to get cappuccino flavored popcorn in Tokyo Disney, or which room at the Beach Club is nearest the back gate entrance to Epcot, etc, etc. The Dis is full of random knowledge.

Edited by ljandgb

Each to their own, but when I read that board I find it is full of opinionated people trying to one up each other on how much they know, and a lot of cheerleadering. The downsides and criticism of DCL are very rarely mentioned or allowed to be mentioned as the owner is a Disney fanatic.

ex techie

I do think (know) there is way more content on the on other one, but most of the subject matter experts on here, like yourself, tend to know what they are taking about and it is not pixie dust this and pixie dust that every other post.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Some yes, some no. It is great for planning little details. Anyone can decide how far they want to take it. We don't do fish extenders, mixology classes, etc. There are cheerleaders, nay sayers, and more balanced opinions, like any part of life. The owner is a TA, and there is lots of criticism on it, trust me. The only time I saw any deletions of posts was around 2 yrs ago when cruise meet threads starting talking up Facebook and other boards. That got shut down, much to everyone else's unhappiness. So it's no longer a great place to find roll calls. Other than that, it's a great resource, especially for people that like to plan, or just generally get excited about their trip.

It was great for learning about Wonder's deck 7 secret balcony, deciding what PAT I wanted, or how to get the prime DCL excursions before they filled up. CC was great for finding non-DCL excursions, and specifics on ports.

But if you want an active non-stop DCL board, that one fits the bill. Or if you want to know exactly where to get cappuccino flavored popcorn in Tokyo Disney, or which room at the Beach Club is nearest the back gate entrance to Epcot, etc, etc. The Dis is full of random knowledge.

Yes they have a lot of fish extender conversations, and repetitive questions as well. That along with how do I get this even though I know I am not allowed/do not qualify posts.

Those are few and far between here. So while a slower board, and it is not active non-stop with the over and over again every day posts, it serves a good purpose with a more streamlined post approach.

The same questions can be asked here, and many people post on both, so there is no reason for anyone to miss anything.

AFAIK, CC tolerate a post link to the DIS, but they do not encourage members to recruit others to join for obvious reasons.

ex techie

Thanks to all for the information, and the recommendation to the other board. I will go peruse over there, but I have always loved everybody on here when I've spent time on Carnival and Viking Oceans boards. Viking Oceans was surprisingly helpful and full of knowledge considering my May-June 2015 cruise was only the 2nd I believe that Viking Oceans ever sailed! Lol. I'm so excited, and one thing you won't find me do is blast any other line. I agree that certainly the service on Viking Oceans as compared to Carnival was on a completely different level. But you know what.. we paid out the ying yang for that level of service. And I still feel like the service we had on Carnival Inspiration, for the incredible value we paid... was amazing! Certainly I'll point out a deficiency if I feel it's deserved, but those things I believe are the exceptions rather then the rule. I would guess Disney will do a great job of falling somewhere in the middle, and will just be absolutely second to none for our 9 year old daughter. I CAN'T WAIT!!!