Best time to have massage on dream

chaserdog53

My soon to be wife and I will be on the dream for our honeymoon. We are planning on doing a couples Swedish massage during the cruise.

Assuming there are big windows in the massage room, should we do it at port, or while we're at sea? Not sure if it really matters of our heads will be facing the floor most of the time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know about Disney because I've only sailed Carnival but Carnival usually offers discounts when you do while in port. I'm guessing because they don't get much business since everyone is off. Check with them once you get on board. Congrats and there is never a bad time for a massage!

As a LMT I personally would avoid massage at CC, for me it's not totally private or more importantly quiet and cool enough, but I do see the attraction for some. I would probably suggest you do it on a sea day.

I thought the massage cabanas were raised up from the beach so no one could see in?

Do they not have AC or at least fans in them?

ex techie

As a LMT I personally would avoid massage at CC, for me it's not totally private or more importantly quiet and cool enough, but I do see the attraction for some. I would probably suggest you do it on a sea day.

I can't argue with your expertise as an LMT, but from a user persepctive, we've done CC massages every chance we get and there is plenty of privacy and with the ocean breeze, it's confortable enough. Can't argue about the quiet, it's not silent, but you're set back enough from the beach to catch no more than ambient noise.

Edited by gometros

I am an LMT and had a couples massage on CC in a cabana two years ago. It was lovely! We could it to be very private. If I remember correctly there were slats on the windows that were slanted downward. The cabanas were fairly far apart. We heard almost no noise. I remember there being a bit of a breeze and not feeling too warm. But the thing I remember the most- now don't laugh- was the quality of the sheets. The sheets were high quality. We took the tram to get there as it would have been a bit of a walk for my partner. But if you wanted to make it a surprise, it would make a great- lets take a walk around hand in hand, just to see what else is here.

This looks like heaven to me! No AC though!

db80a30e838e8e4af066f3a601bb9f15.jpg

castaway-cay-massage-disney-dream.jpg

ex techie

This is how our cabana was. The massage was wonderful. I preferred the true sounds of nature instead of the generated sounds in a massage parlor.

The cabana is raised. There is no A/C but there is a ceiling fan. I suspect that the beach area in front of the cabanas are roped off too. We never saw anyone get remotely close or walk by for the short time that we were there.

I got a cabana massage at CC. Wasn't my favorite. Here's why: I had just run the 5k on CC and had the massage right after. I didn't think of it until I got off the tram that I never thought to ask about a shower to freshen up after my run. They don't have an enclosed shower anywhere nearby on Serenity Bay... So I went through with the massage. The masseuse was most professional and did a good job, but I much prefer some relaxing music, a dark, climate controlled room and a clean body. My bad. It didn't even occur to me that there may not be a shower available for me to rinse off.

Edited to add: There was also a volleyball game going on in front of my cabana so it was bump....bump....bump.... Cheer! Bump... bump.... Bump... Cheer! I love volleyball... But not during a massage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by slightlysilly

What idiot thought setting up a volleyball net outside the massage cabanas?!? :roll eyes: And it is called Serenity Bay. Why is there a volleyball net there?

They should be made to rake the whole beach by hand as a punishment!

When was that Slightlysilly? I would imagine people complained and probably got partial refunds on their massages. I know I wouldn't be paying full price with that going on!

ex techie

What idiot thought setting up a volleyball net outside the massage cabanas?!? :roll eyes: And it is called Serenity Bay. Why is there a volleyball net there?

They should be made to rake the whole beach by hand as a punishment!

When was that Slightlysilly? I would imagine people complained and probably got partial refunds on their massages. I know I wouldn't be paying full price with that going on!

ex techie

This was last February on the Wonder 5 day to Grand Cayman and CC. I think by "serenity" they mean child-free which what Serenity Bay is...

We were traveling the week before Presidents' Day so maybe the cruise was adult-heavy? I just chalked it up to a an experience some people really enjoy but I didn't? I didn't complain or ask for my money back since I did get a good massage. The atmosphere was just not my favorite.

It's more about the shower though. I was so looking forward to running the 5k, getting a quick shower and then a massage. Drat!!!

• 2 weeks later...
New to Disney & was wondering if I should book my spa treatment now or do they offer specials while on the ship. Thanks.

Barbara from Philly

New to Disney & was wondering if I should book my spa treatment now or do they offer specials while on the ship. Thanks.

Barbara from Philly

They do, but it is based upon availability.

Your choice depending on if it is a must do, or if its available at a time I can make I'd like to.

ex techie

Barbara from Philly

The spa is run by the same company (Steiner) that does the spas on every other line we've been on. The specials, drawings, etc are identical on the various ships.

Yes, there are embarkation day specials and port day specials depending on how booked the schedule is. You are less likely to get good specials on 3 and 4 night cruises and on the bigger ships--more people, less time to book stuff means the schedule is more likely to be close to full. There is a 24 hour notice policy for cancelations, so if you book in advance and then see a good special, your scheduled appointment will need to be at least 24 hours away UNLESS the person at the desk decides that you can change the appointment and doesn't call it a cancelation. We've had mixed experience with this depending on who the person was.

Me personally?

Never.

I can get better - and less expensive - massages at home. And no sales pitch at the end.

Many other things I'd rather spend my time (and money) doing while on a cruise than getting a mediocre massage.

I didn't want to say this earlier but now it's out there I really have to agree with you.

Plus being a LMT I hate it when the massage is not that great or they only give you 50 mins or skip your hands, feet, scalp etc. and try to do this as an add on.

Spa/Salon treatments on most ships are way way too expensive, running my own spa it makes my hair curl when I look at the spa menu!