best company for 1 or 2-day pre-cruise tour in Reykjavik?

poss

I've read that sometimes the buses are pretty poor, and we'd definitely want to be comfortable. There seems to be so many tour operators. I'm wondering if some are "better" than others. I think it would be pleasant to do a 2-day itinerary, but one day could be ok also.

Thank you.

Not sure what you mean by "the buses are pretty poor". Tour companies in Iceland are very competitive and I have yet to see a bus in bad condition or read a bad review based on conditions (I've heard a couple reviews where the tour guide wasn't great, but that's different).

Check TripAdvisor for tons of reviews of all the major and minor companies. If you want advise on what kind of trip to take, we're just back from our 4th Iceland vacation and I'm happy to make suggestions based on your likes, dislikes, and budget

AmberCascades: Thank you for responding. I checked igtours website, and I wish that there were either a 2-day tour, or a 5-6 hour tour. My husband is elderly, and he can't really "keep going" for eight hours.

Nitemare: Thanks for your response as well. In fact, I did read at least several reviews (on Trip Advisor) about uncomfortable vehicles.

We're hoping to see at least two of the "Golden Circle" highlights. I wish we could see all three (and more), but as I mention above, at this point in our life we don't have the stamina for 8 hours on tour. We enjoy walking for an hour or two (more or less even surfaces), but an 8 our excursion would not be our idea of fun. We like to see wonderful and different scenery more than to see museums and churches and the like. As for budget, I wish we could afford a private tour of some sort, but we definitely cannot. At the same time, we're not looking for a "budget" tour; we can afford something more high end.

And I'm not fixed on the idea of Golden Circle. If there are shorter tours with outstanding scenery, that would be good too.

Thanks again.

Edited by poss

Thanks for ringing in, bdfred. My husband is elderly and has some back issues. I guess I'd be afraid to book the jeep-off-the-beaten-track kind of tour. Must be great fun though!