Caribelle Batik?

DRPWDunIL

We are very interested in a visit to Caribelle Batik. For those who have been there, what were your impressions? I'm interested in observing the artists and purchasing a wall hanging. Clothing is not a big draw for anyone in our group.

We've been there 2x on a Thenford Grey tour of the island. They give a demonstration and there is ample time to purchase their products. I guess you could contact them directly and make separate arrangements and then take a taxi there from the port. It is about a 20-30 minute drive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are very interested in a visit to Caribelle Batik. For those who have been there, what were your impressions? I'm interested in observing the artists and purchasing a wall hanging. Clothing is not a big draw for anyone in our group.

I loved the grounds and the tour. When we walked up, there were beautiful batiks hanging on the line, flapping in the breeze. It was delightful. I actually bought small gift items on batik bags:c07b419f5b60ab3ac13eb5124d569795.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went up there as a stop with Bernard's Tours. It's so much more than clothes up there. I was honestly thinking I'd be bored there since I am a guy in my 30's but it was very interesting. We had the lady explain the art of what she was doing and how it was done. I was very interested and we regret not buying anything. Each item is so unique. Newbegin mentioned things hanging on the line. Here's what s/he is talking about:

28a3nyh.jpg

We've been there at lease 10 times. Each time we take some new to St. Kitts, Caribelle Batik is a highlight for them - male or female. We especially loved every time we went with Rose (Jim & Rose Taxi) because #1 we always do a private tour so we are not waiting for others or can take as much time as we like & her prices are fantastic, and #2 she gives a wonderful tour of the gardens pointing out things we would have never noticed (she will show you as much or as little as you like).

I would not hesitate going. We, and many others, have bought the Batik Pillow covers - so pretty & colorful - then I get the 18" pillow forms at JoAnn & they add so much to a room & they are washable. We have had people buy wallets, small purses, wall hangings, scarves (since Batik is completely reversible, the scarves are great......

We went up there as a stop with Bernard's Tours. It's so much more than clothes up there. I was honestly thinking I'd be bored there since I am a guy in my 30's but it was very interesting. We had the lady explain the art of what she was doing and how it was done. I was very interested and we regret not buying anything. Each item is so unique. Newbegin mentioned things hanging on the line. Here's what s/he is talking about:

28a3nyh.jpg

Wow. Thanks for your informative post!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

They are excellent. Beautiful setting and fabulous Batik. Bought a shirt around 20 years ago and still it is in great shape. It is interesting in how the artists work and you get to see it all. I wash mine in cold water using Ivory liquid soap, with salt sprinkled into the water. It helps prevent the dye from running out of fabric and fading. You will enjoy your visit there.