Gluten Free

Fishkillbill

Hi,

It has varied across the ships. Most of the time it has been Canyon Bakehouse, although some of the baked good items have been made in house as well. They use ir as I recall for white, seven grain, bagels, and raisin bread with meals.

Hi,

It has varied across the ships. Most of the time it has been Canyon Bakehouse, although some of the baked good items have been made in house as well. They use ir as I recall for white, seven grain, bagels, and raisin bread with meals.

Thank you for the response.

We are sailing on the Solstice in a couple days. I am wondering if there are gluten free hamburger buns in the grill?

It's pretty unlikely. It sometimes throws them for a loop when I order a turkey burger. I think your best best would be in the dining room.

We have sailed on celebrity with our daughter who has celiac disease. The cruise line has been absolutely fantastic. Anyone with travel plans, as soon as you board, go to the main dining room and talk to the maitre d. They have been absolutely fantastic and went so far as to make special arrangements for her in the ocean grill every day

Celebrity bakes alot of gluten-free bread and also uses Canyonbakehouse. The best part is they have gluten cakes and cookies at Cafe Al Bacco everyday. I am on a TA now, last 2 days they did not have gluten free cakes but I have had my fill of it up to that point. I am at Luminae and the assistant servers get me gluten free bread automatically everyday. My server is also fabulous with knowing which items are gluten free and together with the kitchen, made whatever gluten free substitions for me. Last year when we were at MDR, the experience was similar.

• 3 months later...
Celebrity bakes alot of gluten-free bread and also uses Canyonbakehouse. The best part is they have gluten cakes and cookies at Cafe Al Bacco everyday. I am on a TA now, last 2 days they did not have gluten free cakes but I have had my fill of it up to that point. I am at Luminae and the assistant servers get me gluten free bread automatically everyday. My server is also fabulous with knowing which items are gluten free and together with the kitchen, made whatever gluten free substitions for me. Last year when we were at MDR, the experience was similar.

I'm happy to hear that Cafe Al Bacco now offers gluten free cakes and cookies everyday. I hope they do it an all ships.

My last Celebrity cruise was in October 2016. At that time Cafe Al Bacco had gluten-free macaroons, but they often used the same tongs as they did for glutened items. Even if they used separate tongs for me, there was no guarantee they did when they dipped into the jar previously. So, CC was a big issue.

I hope they've improved this! As for the cakes, were they pre-cut and labeled gluten free?

Many thanks.

As of our last cruise in November, 2016 Cafe Al Bacio only had GF Macaroons. I was so tired of them midway through the cruise, so hopefully they will have some GF Cakes. I bring my own GF Bagels for breakfast. I think their GF bread is terrible. Also the GF pizza is horrible.

For our anniversary two years ago, the pastry chef made us a beautiful GF cake! It was delicious!

As of our last cruise in November, 2016 Cafe Al Bacio only had GF Macaroons. I was so tired of them midway through the cruise, so hopefully, they will have some GF Cakes. I bring my own GF Bagels for breakfast. I think their GF bread is terrible. Also the GF pizza is horrible.

For our anniversary two years ago, the pastry chef made us a beautiful GF cake! It was delicious!

How lovely about the cake!

Yes, the pizza was horrible, and I reacted to it, too. No more pizza for me. I wish they'd just buy Udi's or some prepackaged brand and then bake it in a dedicated oven. Maybe they will have changed this by 2018.

Did they toast the bagels for you? The night before our cruise, we will stay at a hotel that has a Publix next door, which makes me very happy. I plan to stock up on things. Bagels are a great idea, especially since the smoked salmon is always good.