Regent and Visas Question

travlr21

We have arranged that Regent will handle our visas for our cruise on the Voyager next October. We will need them for India, Myanmar, China and Vietnam.

I understand they use a visa servicing agency, which we have no experience with. Does anyone have experience doing this through Regent? I am curious to know if we forward our passports to the agency, and how long before the cruise do they need them, and for how long will we be without them? We are Canadian. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Linda

I used CIBT for my China visa which came back within 2 weeks after the app was submitted. My impression is that Regent also uses CIBT or one of their affiliates as well.The visa applications can be somewhat tedious so ask as many questions as necessary when filling out the forms to avoid delays. For example, I recall that the China app required "capital letters" only.

We just received our China visa from CIBT ( we paid Regent). The CIBT customer service personnel were very helpful over the phone; the directions to the form were very confusing. Our passport with the visa were returned within two weeks. I would not hesitate to use this company again.

We have arranged that Regent will handle our visas for our cruise on the Voyager next October. We will need them for India, Myanmar, China and Vietnam.

I understand they use a visa servicing agency, which we have no experience with. Does anyone have experience doing this through Regent? I am curious to know if we forward our passports to the agency, and how long before the cruise do they need them, and for how long will we be without them? We are Canadian. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Linda

Hi Linda, we also live in the Okanagan and when we needed visas for India and China we did them ourselves through agencies in Vancouver. Saved a lot of money and wasn't that hard if it is easy for you to make a trip to Vancouver. They can be done by courier both ways if that works better. The applications are done online, we dropped them off and had them courier them back to us.

However it will take more time than through their agency as each place has to have your passport for a period of time.

The visa for Vietnam was automatically provided for us by Regent on-board so no need to do that in advance at least when we went. Can't speak to Myanmar, we haven't been there.

We are going to China and Vietnam with Regent. In the info it says. You must do China by "yourself" and Vietnam can be done on board.

For the China one I will use a compagny like CIBT but before I decide about the Vietnam one: "How much does it cost to let Regent do it on board"?

Be aware that the visa don't stay long so you have to do it just on the right time just before your trip.

Edited by Henk123

Just received an email from my TA that Vietnam now requires the visa application to be printed off and filled out in advance and requires a passport photo. You can still get the visa onboard, but you have to have the photo, which they don't do onboard.