Can you change your cabin after booking?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Dumfries - Scotland
1,550 Posts
Joined May 2010
Hi

Im booked to stay in an interior stateroom near the front of the ship but looking to change to nearer mid-ship as im worried about movement?? Has anyone tried doing this before??

Thanks x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises :-

May 2011 Grandeur of the Seas
September 2011 P&O Ventura
May 2013 Splendour of the Seas
September 2013 Adventure of the Seas
May 2015 Celebrity Eclipse
September 2015 P&O Britannia
June 2016 NCL Jade
COW-lumbus, Ohio
2,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by louhun88
Hi

Im booked to stay in an interior stateroom near the front of the ship but looking to change to nearer mid-ship as im worried about movement?? Has anyone tried doing this before??

Thanks x
Yes you can. I have changed my cabin after booking on 2 of my cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Inspiration Western 8/04 - TAMPA (cabin R32)-Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize
Valor Eastern 8/05 - MIAMI (cabin 6209)-St Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau
Destiny Southern 6/06 - SAN JUAN (cabin 6375)-Aruba, Barbados, St Thomas, Dominica
Mariner of the Seas Western 6/08 - PORT CANAVERAL (cabin 6620)-Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Labadee
Adventure of the Seas Southern 12/09-SAN JUAN (cabin 8320)-Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, St Thomas
Freedom of the Seas Western 12/11 - Port Canaveral (cabin 9598)-Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Navigator of the Seas Western 5/14 - Port Galveston (cabin 9568)-Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica
Tampa Metro
3,508 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Yep, have a cabin in mind, and contact Royal (if you booked direct) or contact your TA and ask for the change. I believe you can do this right up to sailing, but don't quote me on that part.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
--Past Cruises
Explorer of the Seas - Eastern - April 2004
Serenade of the Seas - Southern - January 2009
Monarch of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2009
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - June 2010
Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Rivera - January 2011
Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Costal Repo - May 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - September 2011
Brilliance of the Seas - Southern - January 2013
Jewel of the Seas - Southern - May 2013
Liberty of the Seas - Western - January 2014
Vision of the Seas - Western - September 2014
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas - November 2015
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2015
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern - March 2016

Future Plans -
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas - May 2017
Dumfries - Scotland
1,550 Posts
Joined May 2010
thanks for your replies, currently on hold with the TA!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises :-

May 2011 Grandeur of the Seas
September 2011 P&O Ventura
May 2013 Splendour of the Seas
September 2013 Adventure of the Seas
May 2015 Celebrity Eclipse
September 2015 P&O Britannia
June 2016 NCL Jade
10,530 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Yes, you can. If there is a cabin available that you would prefer, no problem. Of course, keep in mind there will be an additional charge if it is an upgrade from your current cabin booking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017 March Anthem
2017 Celebrity Summit
2017 Equinox Southern Caribbean
2018 Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean

2019 Celebrity Edge
*Above subject to change and additions!

The Sails that Started it all.......
It started way back, when I was a kid.
My Grandparents often sailed on The Oceanic and to say the Bon Voyage Parties were memorable is an understatement!*
25,372 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by louhun88
Hi

Thanks x
Yes you can change your cabin BUT as you are in the UK you can only have one free change on your booking...after that free change has been used you will be charged £35 per person for any changes.

If for example the price of your cruise goes down and you wish to take the price drop you will be charged £35 pp to do so...if you have used up your one free change.