Posted July 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Last edited by Travel R; July 29th, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster so, I hope I have this in the right place -apologies if not!
We are due to sail on the Legend of the Seas on 31st August from Rome to Venice and are in the process of deciding what beverage package, if any, to purchase.
We bought the soft drinks package on our Explorer of the Seas cruise last summer and loved it; mainly due to the Coca Cola Freestyle machines. Can anyone who has been on the newly refurbished Legend of the Seas confirm if the Freestyle machines have been rolled out on-board?
Any other tips on the Legend would be greatly appreciated!
For more information on the ship, I would suggest taking a look at the All Things Legend of the Seas thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1836889
it has all kinds of information. There are a number of excellent reviews of the ship and the recent itineraries (since the refurb) [and I have included links to each of them in the thread] that include a number of hints and tips regarding the LOS as well (including my own reiview).
As clarea mentioned (probably one of the most knowledgable people on CC), there is no freestyle machines on the Legend yet. However, we got off of her a month ago and did purchase the soft drink package. You can get the soda using the card throughout the ship including the MDR and lounges/bars (although in the WJ was a hassle) which made it very convenient - all you have to do is show them your SeaPass card. If you order three sodas a day, it will come out to the same amount as the drink package - and we found it well worth it.
Our Sea Adventures:
- COMING: Baltic Capitals (June 2017, out of Copenhagen): Getaway (NCL) [Roll Call - Who's Joining Us?]
- Nova Scotia/New Brunswick (Aug. 2015, out of NYC): Carnival Splendor (CCL) [All Things Splendor] - [Review]
- W. Mediterranean (July 2013, out of Rome): Legend of the Seas (RCI) [All Things Legend of the Seas] - [Review]
- Bermuda (Oct. 2009, out of Bayonne): Explorer of the Seas (RCI)
- California/W. Mexico/Baja Peninsula (Aug. 2003, out of Los Angeles): Monarch of the Seas (RCI)
- E. Caribbean (Aug. 1997, out of Miami): Empress of the Seas (RCI) -
- W. Caribbean/E. Mexico (March 1996, out of San Juan): Royal Majesty (MCL)
- Bahamas (1991, out of Ft. Lauderdale): Discovery Sun (DCL)
"We cannot change the direction of the wind... but we can adjust our sails."