Hair straighteners

Brits 2006

Can anyone who has travelled recently advise whether they were able to take on board hair straighteners, because our luggage labels say they will be confiscated and destroyed. I don't want my ghd destroyed.

Thanks we will be on Orchestra.

I took mine on the Divina but never actually used them. They were on display in the dressing table and did not get confiscated. I decided for my long thick hair that au natural or fastened up was the easiest option re frizz factor! That was in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I took mine on the Divina but never actually used them. They were on display in the dressing table and did not get confiscated. I decided for my long thick hair that au natural or fastened up was the easiest option re frizz factor! That was in the Caribbean.

Hi

Thanks for quick response was that recently.

It was last month. But as I said I ended up not using them. On the formal night when I wanted my hair straightened I used the on board salon which I found to be as cheap as my local salon for a wash and blow dry.

It was last month. But as I said I ended up not using them. On the formal night when I wanted my hair straightened I used the on board salon which I found to be as cheap as my local salon for a wash and blow dry.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

I wouldn't risk it in case they do confiscate them, I heard of this happening on Lirica.

Have you considered buying a cheap pair that would get you through the week, just in case?

NB they do say they're a fire hazard, I'm not condoning it ;)

I am surprised that MSC does not allow them. ...all other cruise lines allow them. Most hair straighteners have an "automatic" shut off. I bring mine on every cruise I have been on. :confused: I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT...LOL

My girlfriend has never had a problem bringing her hair straightener onboard, she puts it in her carry-on bag however,,not sure if that makes a difference or not???;)

Thanks guys

I have also always taken them on other cruises previously.

I will probably take a cheap pair just in case they confiscate them, but I do think it's a bit out to order if they destroy them and not let you have them back at the end of the cruise.

We sailed June 4, 2016 on Divina and I took my hair straightener on with no problem. I left it out on the desk the entire cruise and no one took it.

Thats what my wife did, we had no problem leaving on the desk, but we always unplug it after we leave, that with all devices we bring.