Ruby Princess cabin selection?

astromom

My husband and I will be sailing for the first time in Jan. 09' on the Ruby Princess. We selected mini-suite D601. At the time, our travel agent suggested that this was the next best available so we booked it. I am concerned about lifeboat proximity to the balcony. Does anyone have any info on this deck and/or cabin?................thanks........

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question but there is a "Live from the Ruby" thread under Princess. You could ask your question there and maybe get a quick answer.

You should also go to the Princess Roll Calls and find your specific sailing. It's fun to get to know fellow passengers before you sail.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!:)

The Dolphin deck cabins (minisuites) are over the lifeboats. The boats do not obstruct your view, although if you lean way over the balcony you can see the edge of the boat hanging below you.

This picture is from the twin sister Emerald Princess, the minisuites are the lower level balconies that extend out to the left:

2148638230050360393nHdhDe_th.jpg

• 4 months later...
My husband and I will be sailing for the first time in Jan. 09' on the Ruby Princess. We selected mini-suite D601. At the time, our travel agent suggested that this was the next best available so we booked it. I am concerned about lifeboat proximity to the balcony. Does anyone have any info on this deck and/or cabin?................thanks........

Hi Astromom,

I noticed from your post that you may have been in cabin D601 on the Ruby in January. We have just booked this cabin for a TA cruise in Oct, 2010... it's never too early to book... anyway... If you could, what are your impressions of the cabin and the location... balcony, bed, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked on the Grand TA April 2010, We booked a mini suite D601 an anyone tell us if it is all open deck or is there some overhead shade protection?

Midge

Cheryl Thanks for that. Another question if I may. This will be our first time in a mini. We usually are on Lido with balcony and some shade. Do you think that the mini is worth having no shade? We are on a cruise form FLL to Southampton beginning of April 2010. I know it is probably a silly question but I think CC are fountains of wisdom.

Cheers

Midge

Archived