sid_9169

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Eating and drinking everything in sight...
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    NCL / CCL / Virgin Voyages
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Cozumel, St Maarten

Recent Profile Visitors

32,921 profile views

sid_9169's Achievements

1. In addition to the poolside cabanas and hillside cabanas, there are some out over the water... I think they cost wayyy more than the regular cabanas which are already expensive.
  2. After my swim I dried off and wandered around taking some more pictures. There's a trail leading up to a scenic overlook, so I went up there...
  3. I got in the water here and hung out for at least 45 minutes to an hour. It was a mix of clouds and sun, but I ended up getting more sun today than probably any other single day. I just stayed out there for awhile and enjoyed the nice cool water on a hot day...
  4. For fifty points, name this spot along the lazy river... Should be pretty easy... (***Jeopardy music playing in the background...)
  5. Now I'm off the ship and inside the pool / resort complex. I needed to find hopefully a shady spot to put my bag and shoes while I got in the pool. I wandered into an area with some open loungers and found an empty one with an umbrella. As I was getting my stuff situated a guy came along and said these were "his seats, he paid for them"... Indeed I had wandered into the pay for loungers area, so I went and found a hook on the side of one of the bridges that goes over the lazy river...
  6. Around 9:45 I headed downstairs to debark for awhile and swim in the big pool.
  7. I decided to give Blue Iguana another shot for breakfast: this time the huevos ranchero. I waited a lot longer for this than the burrito bowl the other morning, but at least this was fresh and hot.
  8. Friday May 31st - Amber Cove, D.R. Another twelve or so hours of sleep and I was ready to conquer the our last port day before returning to Miami. Really no plans at all here today other than going out for a little swim at the huge nice swimming pool there at the port area. Today was the day of the towel sculpture invasion on the Lido Deck...
  9. Another side note: I went out after dinner to where I'd hidden all of the ducks again and they had all been found, so I had a small sense of accomplishment... This would be another early night going to bed around 8:00... One things for sure, I got PLENTY of sleep on this trip... Next up: Amber Cove...
  10. Forgot to add the ingredients to the Pig and Anchor melt sandwich.
  11. Only three more pictures left from this day on board. I decided to check out some of the "for fee" options at Guy's Pig and Anchor BBQ... This was called the Pig and Anchor melt. A huge monster of a sandwich. It came with a side, so I got the mashed potatoes with red-eye gravy and burnt ends. It was about the saddest looking bit of mashed potatoes ever, but the huge sandwich was pretty good...
  12. Alchemy Bar didn't open until 5:00 today, so I went back to my cabin and watched TV for a while. I had already seen every square inch of the ship, or at least the parts I cared to see. About fifteen minutes till opening time I went down and waited for Alchemy to open. This evening Sara from Serbia would get her chance up to bat (and the standard $25 opening tip) I had grown tired of the Patron Silver cocktails, so I ended up just getting a few (or several) Grey Goose extra dirty martinis with blue cheese olives... They use spaghetti as the holder for the olives rather than a wooden or plastic skewer... Something about saving the turtles...
  13. Next I just wandered around some more looking for ducks. When I didn't up finding any more, I went back to my cabin to retrieve the one's I'd already found. I went out and hid them all again, as I had no intention in bringing them all home. Some kids out there would probably be more exited to have them than me. ***The Library.
  14. I decided to check out the free lunch at Cucina today. Just a pasta bowl with chicken, veggies, and Bolognese sauce. A Caesar salad and some bread on the side. Not bad for the "included options"...