albingirl

Members
About Me

• Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Holland America!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

albingirl's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

• Great Review Rare
  • Great Review Rare

Recent Badges

1. They have bread on 7 day cruises. It's not all spartan.
  2. It's always been quite upscale, in my opinion. Of course, I'm not eating at some little dive bar in Florida, so I tend to be happy when I visit the Pinnacle. Sad to say, I'm fairly ignorant about cuts of meat, since I rarely indulge, but at the end of the day, maybe that's a good thing. Now, Italian food, that's another story...... lol.
  3. I forgot to add, bring your kindle, get the laundry package, and do some research on the ports ahead of time.
  4. There is a totally different vibe on the long ones. The staff treats you better, I think, since you are on the ship together for a long time. In reverse, you respect the staff immensely, since they are in it for the long haul. You will meet many serious travelers with great stories, and it's fun to meet up. It's not the party hardy set and you can pick up some pretty good tips about ports that they may have previously visited. I love every last thing about the long cruises and that's about all I book these days.
  5. I just get so confused. HAL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and the beat goes on.
  6. Really nice review, thanks. This always reminds me of how much there is to see in Europe and there's never enough time. Great itinerary.
  7. NCL has wonderful stage shows, too, but you couldn't get me on one of their mammoth ships again. Too big, too loud, and just a crazy feeling upon embarking. Like, uh oh, what have we done? I'll happily skip stage shows in exchange for sanity.
  8. March is a long ways away. You most likely will change your mind. So, nothing to worry about.
  9. The reason I would never use a cruise for a beach vacation is because of the limited time allowed ashore. If you go on a vacation to a beach destination, you can spend all the time on the beach, rather than having to be onboard early.
  10. Inside cabin, hands down. The more time spent cruising, the happier we are, according to the general consensus here. Have fun planning!
  11. Teens and the beach. No bored kids, ever. Teens and the ship. No bored kids ever. If they are, well, it's nothing I would worry about. Ever.
  12. Thanks for your review. I have had no experience with drinks made on the ships, except for an occasional dark and stormy, but that must be a disappointment for many. Thanks for your review. I really love the Pinnacle class ship, probably because of the Dutch Cafe and the Club Orange dining room. Glad you had a (mostly) good time!
  13. I rather like having the Catholic mass onboard. Tell you why. I'm not Catholic, but it's a bright light in a dark world. Nice to have something to combat the dreary sadness people face, and I'm a huge supporter of the happiness it gives people.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.