About Me

• Interests
    rowing, reading,movies, hiking, lap swim
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Carnival, with RCCL a close 2nd
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Costa Maya

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

crewsweeper's Achievements

20,000+ Club

20,000+ Club (11/20)

• "Live from...." Rare
  • "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. there are plenty of taxis. Relatively in expensive per person. and many waiting at both port and just about all beach clubs.
  2. Last I heard was that the new administration in Belize was against the project and it's on hold at best.
  3. This is rare but IIRC at least 1 ship, maybe 2 will anchor out and ship lifeboats will ferry passengers to pier. Also sometimes these advanced schedules are in error and itineraries may change.
  4. Most of the ones I've seen on Trip Advisor are connected to cave tubing or ruins.
  5. Not sure who operates out pf Pez Quadro. I know Costa Maya Sport Fishing ( La Fortuna) offers 2 and 3 hour fishing out of Nacional Beach Club. Prices are by boat and up to 5 people on shorter charters. Website shows $250 for 2 hours. Nick Luke is a great guide and can have fishers hooking fish rather quickly. Permit and Barracuda abound. They'll fillet and cook your fish too. http://costamayasportfishing.com/
  6. our last time in CM (January) they were performing when we went through the port area around 8:30A. But didn't see them when we came back through around 3:30P.
  7. I didn't see any deals that had not been offered in the past. Wasn't looking at cruises though. And email didn't offer any.
  8. Appreciate all the pictures. Surf side bites look fantastic. Have you had a chance to look into the jazz club?
  9. can you check out Cloud 17 relative to Hideaway? Hearing less noisy but no pool. TIA.
  10. A screw top will appear to be opened. These inspectors at security aren't ignorant in the ways of smugglers. Small rum runners might work if carried on person, but larger ones tend to show up in scans.
  11. Don Tello. 2 story salmon and white building? Big guy at the door?
  12. This has happen on the Icon this spring for at least 2 other cruises I've heard about. Add that to the fact that the so called "adult pool area" has been teeming with munchkins and nothing being done makes me wonder if the Icon staff is even paying attention.
  13. I don't believe there is a flow rider at the port. Maybe in the Lost Kingdom water park outside the port but all I've heard about there is zip lines and water slides.
  14. I did it on the Wonder, DW opted for the regular MDR breakfast.. Very poor coordination on where to meet. There was another "brunch" group there without the tour. had an interesting conversation with table mates, but a distant second to the Taste of Royal we did in the past.
  15. There's a whole row of tour providers hawking tours as you walk from terminal to main gate. Not sure if there are jeep tours or not.