Anthem: free Sauna/Steam Room?

Hi, can anyone who has been on Anthem of the Seas please confirm if there is a steam room/sauna for free or are they situated in a Spa for which we have to pay?

Incredibly, when I called RCI to ask, the person who answered said he didn't know and I should check the website (which I have - it doesn't clarify for this ship). He then proceeded to tell me that I'd get all the information once I'd booked, and couldn't understand when I insisted I wanted this information BEFORE I booked! He then, begrudgingly, I felt, put me through to someone else and I was on hold for over 20 minutes so eventually hung up. Not good customer service!

Am trying to persuade my brother to take the TA on 27 October from Southampton as there is a good deal on at the moment, but as it's all sea days if we have to pay for daily spa entry it may up the price quite considerably and I need to know price in advance for budgeting purposes (we'd probably use it daily).

If anyone could clarify, I'd be very grateful. Many thanks. :)

• Haha 1

you might want to try reposting in the subfolder on the Quantam class ships; Quantam and Anthem sailors might make that their first stop, and never check the general RCCL board.

Even though I'm logged in OK, when I tried to post in the Anthem and Quantum sub-folders there is no 'New Thread' tab available to me; however, I WAS able to start a new thread here. Weird ...... :confused:

If someone else is able to cut and paste my thread over to the Anthem/Quantum sub-folders for me, I'd very much appreciate it!

Thank you Stitchman. Do you happen to know the rates?

The rate can vary by ship and sailing. A fairly normal price is $119 for a 7 day cruise or sometimes $99 on special offer. Couples are offered a $200 rate for 7 days sailings or some other discounted couple offer.

$70 I was told. people were furious.

If that was for a 10 day cruise that was a very good rate at just $7 a day.

They would not budge on the $119 rate on my 8 day Quantum sailing.

I paid $99 on my 13 night Oasis TA sailing.

We paid a couple's rate of $189 plus 15% gratuity on Allure and Oasis for the use of the thermal suite on a 7-night cruise. The for-a-fee thermal suite is one of the main reasons we will not go on Oasis or Allure again, and why we will likely avoid any other of the new ships that do not have the complimentary steam/sauna. I'm perfectly happy sticking with the other classes of ships.

Since we are also going on Anthem, I sent an email to C&A to ask your question to them. This was there reply, which I will print and take with me. The last ship we were on the Thermal Suite was excellent with several different types of hot areas.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in

our response.

There is a Thermal Suite with a Sauna and Steam room for a fee.

The Thermal Suite has six heated, tiled beds, mild infrared sauna, steam room,

and tropical shower with three different settings. There are thirty passes

available per sailing. Below is the pricing for use of the Thermal Suite. Please

note that prices are in United States Dollars, and are subject to change. An 18%

service charge is applied to all spa purchases.

Day Pass: $30.00 per

person

Seven – Day Single: $99.00

Seven – Day Couples: $179.00

Did you know

that you can get a $10.00 discount on a day pass to the Thermal Suite when you

book another spa service? Steiner Leisure® operates beauty and massage

treatments for all Royal Caribbean International ships. Our ships' seemingly

endless array of spa treatments allows guests the opportunity to detoxify their

bodies with warm wraps, alleviate pain through acupuncture, reinvent their locks

with our deluxe hair services and much more! For detailed descriptions of Royal

Caribbean International's luxurious spa treatments, please refer to the

following

link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_things_to_do

Spa

appointments can be made once onboard the ship and are scheduled on a

first-come, first-served basis. Additionally, guests sailing on the Anthem of

the Seas are currently able to pre-reserve spa services online. Presently,

appointments for hair services and YSpa treatments for teens are not able to be

made in advance. For applicable ships and cruise dates, spa treatments and

fitness classes will be able to be purchased online up to four days prior to the

sail date through the following

link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.doP

meripour

Thank you very much for this information. Very good to know. Especially that there are only 30 passes available per sailing. I wonder, if they sell 30 weekly passes immediately, does that mean that they won't then sell any daily passes to people who show up at the Spa on any given day?

meripour

Thank you very much for this information. Very good to know. Especially that there are only 30 passes available per sailing. I wonder, if they sell 30 weekly passes immediately, does that mean that they won't then sell any daily passes to people who show up at the Spa on any given day?

Hello Excited

We have never had a problem getting in. It is a large facility and no one is in the facility all day & night long. In fact, some days we did not make it at all due to the amount of activities. Its very Zen with low lights, water & juice, cold towel fridge, so relaxing - as long as you don't encounter a bunch of yappers. Even though it clearly says on the wall to be quiet our last cruise we encountered a pack of old women that just could not talk in a low tone. Everyone had to hear. It took the stink-eye and the finger in front of the pursed lip with a tap on the sign to get the 'Oh' :D