Best cabin on Baja or Caribe

NZYU

Hi,

This question is for those of you who have sailed on Princess and stayed in a balcony cabin...

Which deck is best? Baja? Caribe?

What are the cabins like at the back of the boat?

How about at the front?

If you had to choose front or back, which would you choose?

Which would be quieter?

Which would have a better view?

Thanks.

Well....the view from the AFT baclonies is the wake as you sail away from wherever you have been. I have seen some footage of the wake posted on these boards, its mesmerizing! That said, from what I have read, these cabins are difficult to come by, so if you see on available, I think you should grab it now and decide for sure later.

Mid Ship balconies will provide the most stable ride. View, of course, depends what side of the ship faces the port, the sea, etc. We have never sailed in the front, so I have no info to share.

We are sailing CB this August in an Aft cabin for the first time and we are sooooo excited! :D

Have fun deciding! You will find tons of info on these boards.

Michelle

Hi,

This question is for those of you who have sailed on Princess and stayed in a balcony cabin...

Which deck is best? Baja? Caribe?

What are the cabins like at the back of the boat?

How about at the front?

If you had to choose front or back, which would you choose?

Which would be quieter?

Which would have a better view?

Thanks.

Was on Island Princess...

Stayed on Caribe... Larger balcony... twice as big as Baja.

I would chose neither front or back. I would get as close to Midship as I could... less movement.

Quieter??? Not sure about Princess but on Holland America I was in front cabin and it was noisy when the ship anchored. Also more movement.

As far as back, don't know about noise, but there is or can be quite a bit of propeller shake... creates kinda like a quick short back and forth sideways shuffel. Just depends on the ship though. It was present on the IP when I sailed on her in January. Not bothersome to any great degree though... am just mentioning is for comparison.

View? dont know.

One more thing about noise that I have heard from others. The deck immediatly below the lido can be noisy because of activity on the lido. The deck immediatly above any of the entermainment decks can be noisy as well.:( .

Caribe has passenger cabins above and below, so If someone above falls out of bed you might here it:D

Hope this helps :)

We stayed in B230 it is towards the front of the Grand Princess. Balcony is covered and not as long as the Caribe deck but we felt is was nice for us, it was only the two of us. Since it is towards the front we did not notice alot of noise or foot traffic. Not far to the elevators/stairs. Movement yes but it was also the first time I did not get sea sick on a cruise possibly because the ship was alot larger then our past cruises. We truly enjoyed our room, we felt the room was larger than on other ship lines it was our first Princess cruise but not our last.

We were on the Star Princess over New Year's. We had two rooms B205 and B209 (our teenagers were in the other room). I get very sea sick and was concerned because we were second cabin from the front. It was great. I felt absolutely no movement while we were in our cabin (this was an 11 day cruise). It was quiet because the only people in our hall were our neighbours. The only time I felt movement was in the main dinningroom at night. Loved our balcony. We had the door between the two rooms opened and we could go back and forth. I would not hesitate to be in the front of the ship again.

The Aft cabins generally are quieter and offer less motion than forward cabins. On Grand class ships, the balconies on Caribe deck are twice the size of those on Baja or Aloha, and though the cabins are the same size, the larger balcony somehow makes you feel as though you have more space. I have been on the Star Princess twice, once on Caribe and once on Baja. Both were balcony cabins, and the cabin on Caribe seemed so much bigger, though only the balcony actually was! One of the cruises was Transatlantic, and the seas were really rough. People who had cabins in the front complained a lot about the motion, but we were aft and had no problem.

Many people agree that the balcony cabins on the very back are the best (C752 & C753). I have friends who have had these cabins and say they are just awesome. We have C752 on the Grand, sailing Transatlantic from Galveston to Rome on April 15, and are extremely excited. The balconies of those cabins are also larger and allow you a more panoramic view.

These cabins are also quieter, as there is no one across the hall from you.

You should pick an Aft cabin now, for sure, because there will always be forward ones available if for some strange reason you later decide you'd rather be there!

Are the aft cabins on the Grand ships covered or 1/2 covered on the Caribe Deck?

Have you looked at the deck plans on Princess web site?

http://www.princess.com/ships/ap/deck/ap_caribe_index.html

I have never been on a "Grand" class ship, but it "appears" that they may be covered. It also appears there are only two of the aft "Oceanview Double with Balcony" cabins on Caribe, Dolphin, and Emerald. All the rest are suites, so they are probably grabed up quickly, so you might act fast. Just a thought.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived