Pictures in or near water

I have had so many people ask me how our pictures turned out so nice in the water so I thought I'd post what we used.

I bought an aquapac. It is a waterproof bag that you can work any digital camera inside of. They cost around $30 online.

I was a little skeptical when I bought it and was scared to put my camera in it in the water.

It really worked great. It was completely watertight, took clear, great pictures and floated.

This last feature really came in handy while cave tubing in Belize. I actually went over a few small rapids and didn't have the strap around my neck. I didn't even realize it was gone for about a minute..but it floated right to my husband who was behind me. He rather enjoyed watching me freak out while he hid the camera..LOL.

Anyway..almost ALL my pictures were taken through this bag. I only took it out while on the ship. Other than that I used my camera in the bag. Feel free to take a look at them

www. dotphoto.com

user: ourcruise

password: carnival

I will never travel without it again. I hate disposable water camera.

Your pictures are great! I will definitely look into this. We just got back from our third cruise and just discussed this morning that we are not going to bother with a water camera next time. The pictures don't turn out good and we are always disappointed when we get our pictures back. Thanks for the info and sharing your pictures. We also went to Grand Cayman and did the excursion with the stingrays, our pictures didn't turn out half as good as yours. By the way, is Rum Point in Grand Cayman?

Did you have to turn off the flash on your camera? I was wondering if the flash would be effected by the bag. Also, does your camera have a zoom lens? If so, any problems with utilizing the zoom?

The product looks great. With the price of underwater disposable cameras, it would pay for itself after about 50 pictures.

I didnot turn off the flash and didn't seem to have any problems with it. My camera does zoom out and it was big enough to handle it. I actually have 2 digital cameras..one is tiny and the other one seems kinda big compared. It is actually twice the size of my smaller one. I bought the bag for the small camera and then decided to use the big one...the bag fit my bigger camera perfect. No problems what so ever.

Did you purchase the compact camera case or the large camera case? If you purchased the small one, did your bigger camera fit inside of it too? I think that is what you were trying to say, but I just want to make sure. By the way, your pictures looked increible!!! :)

Thanks for the tip bellazoemom and the link to your pictures. They are so clear and really capture the colors of the water, stingrays, etc.. I will have to try one of these for our upcoming cruise where we plan to go to Stingray City and tubing in Jamaica.

I have a Sony :rolleyes: Cybershot and they also make a specific aqua pak

(Marine Pak) for under water... If you interested it will allow depths up to 300 feet...works great fro scuba diving or snorkling. Although I paid about $130.00 for mine.

bellazoemom .... Great pictures and the kids are just gorgeous!

What type of digital camera do you have to take such awesome pics? I am looking to buy one soon and thought I would ask since these are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us!

bellazoemom .... Great pictures and the kids are just gorgeous!

What type of digital camera do you have to take such awesome pics? I am looking to buy one soon and thought I would ask since these are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us!

The one I used for all the pics outside is a cheap camera. I actually prefer it to my more expensive camera. It is a Kodak Easyshare DX7440. I have had it a few years.

The camera I used on the ship and out of the aquapac is a panasonic Lumix. I don't like it as much as the kodak and it cost more.

Geat pics. Brought back so many memories of our Miracle cruise! I wish we would have known about this aquapac for our Stingray City trip! We used the Kodak disp. water cameras and I was so very disappointed in the picture quality. I am going to order an aquapac right now!

Thanks for this post!

I just ordered mine this morning!

It sounds like anyone who is doing any water excursions on their cruise needds one of these things!

I'm very excited to get it and try it out before our cruise on Freedom next month! (That sounds so good.. Next month..)

MM

• 2 months later...
I have had so many people ask me how our pictures turned out so nice in the water so I thought I'd post what we used.

I bought an aquapac. It is a waterproof bag that you can work any digital camera inside of. They cost around $30 online.

I was a little skeptical when I bought it and was scared to put my camera in it in the water.

It really worked great. It was completely watertight, took clear, great pictures and floated.

This last feature really came in handy while cave tubing in Belize. I actually went over a few small rapids and didn't have the strap around my neck. I didn't even realize it was gone for about a minute..but it floated right to my husband who was behind me. He rather enjoyed watching me freak out while he hid the camera..LOL.

Anyway..almost ALL my pictures were taken through this bag. I only took it out while on the ship. Other than that I used my camera in the bag. Feel free to take a look at them

www. dotphoto.com

user: ourcruise

password: carnival

I will never travel without it again. I hate disposable water camera.

Great pictures. Now were all of these pictures (near or in water) taken with the case over the camera?

Thanks for sharing the pictures. That was so sweet of you.

Archived