AT&T Customers - Cruise Ship Passport

cruiserNC

I didn't find where anyone else posted this....

Introducing AT&T Cruise Ship Passport

Now you can stay in touch with family and friends even while you are on your cruise at sea*. With AT&T, customers can save money by signing up for the Cruise Ship Passport package prior to setting sail.

For just $35 a month, the package provides the following services while on the cruise ship's cellular network:

• 15 minutes of voice

• 15 messages sent (text, picture and video)**

• Overage rates are $2.49/minute, $.50/text message sent, and $1.30/picture or video message sent.

*Service available on more than 140 cruise ships while on the "CellularatSEA" network. For a list of cruise ships visit: att.com/travelguide.

**Messages received while on the cruise ship will continue to be charged at your normal domestic rate.

To sign up for this package, please login to your AT&T wireless account at att.com/mywireless or call 1-916-843-4685.

It's a savings of about $9.

15 minutes on Cellular at Sea for AT&T = $37.35

15 sent messages on cellular at sea for AT&T = 7.5

= $44.85

the only thing is, you have to remember to cancel it, or you pay another month, even if not cruising...

Thanks for the post!

But....$35 for 15 minutes of talk time and 15 text messages? that seems pretty pricey to me...

It is pricey but slightly cheaper than per minute charges. I am adding to my plan for my upcoming cruise because my employer will pay for it and it will give them some defined limits.

I have AT&T, and just use the text message feature if necessary. It's 50 cents to send & nothing to receive. I have had to make a call or two before, but it never amounted to much more than $10 extra on my bill. Not worth the $35 for me, but I can see that it might be for some people who have to communicate with folks back home.

Wow! I guess cellular at sea is just pricey....

Not as pricey as not having anything! Got a $1170 cell bill from when I was stuck in Belize hospital for 3 days with dd19 when she got ill on ship. AND I had international roaming put on my phone before we left. Still came out to $2.49 a minute, and .50 an incoming text while in Belize, and from cruise ship. Cost $52 for a call to American airline to get a flight out of Belize, cost $22 to call hotel in Orlando for overnight reservation, $28 for call to CCL medical care in Miami, $40 for call to travel insurance, etc. Plus calls dh made to me and I made to him to keep him updated on dd's condition. (our normal bill is $250 for 4 of us) Right now travel insurance may pick up some of it - waiting for more medical bills to come in to submit.

I have AT&T, and just use the text message feature if necessary. It's 50 cents to send & nothing to receive. I have had to make a call or two before, but it never amounted to much more than $10 extra on my bill. Not worth the $35 for me, but I can see that it might be for some people who have to communicate with folks back home.

Same for me.

I didn't find where anyone else posted this....

Introducing AT&T Cruise Ship Passport

Now you can stay in touch with family and friends even while you are on your cruise at sea*. With AT&T, customers can save money by signing up for the Cruise Ship Passport package prior to setting sail.

For just $35 a month, the package provides the following services while on the cruise ship's cellular network:

• 15 minutes of voice

• 15 messages sent (text, picture and video)**

• Overage rates are $2.49/minute, $.50/text message sent, and $1.30/picture or video message sent.

*Service available on more than 140 cruise ships while on the "CellularatSEA" network. For a list of cruise ships visit: att.com/travelguide.

**Messages received while on the cruise ship will continue to be charged at your normal domestic rate.

To sign up for this package, please login to your AT&T wireless account at att.com/mywireless or call 1-916-843-4685.

That is not a deal.

Archived