If the Conquest moved back to New Orleans

Kcarp

before your cruise, how would Carnival make it right for guest that don't want to change their port? I personally would love to see the move, but was curious how Carnival would approach this situation.

No opinion as we're going in a few weeks leaving out of Galveston, but I have been hearing that Conquest will return to New Orleans in April of 2007. Can't remember exactly where I heard this, but I believe my TA mentioned something about it. In any case, I'm looking forward to the move as well. I live in Metairie, about 15 minutes from the downtown New Orleans area.

thats fine as long as it happens after March 07. and then what ship woud be the replacement ???? Carnival will have to be carefull because RCCL is bringing the Voyager Of the Sea to Galveston Dec 07.

This has been discussed and Carnival does not have any plans to move Conquest and she is scheduled through to 08 in Galv. You can verify it at the port of Galv website.

Being in Houston, I prefer she stay.

Most likely Carnival will set a date that theConquest will go back to NOLA and all bookings at that time will be taken for NO only and so there really wouldn't be an issue with the moving. Also that will be a movenmet crusie and all booked passenger will know ahead time so that they wont be misled.

before your cruise, how would Carnival make it right for guest that don't want to change their port? I personally would love to see the move, but was curious how Carnival would approach this situation.

They will allow you to transfer the booking to whatever ship is in Galveston or perhaps give an OBC to go out of New Orleans. If the move was far enough in the future where booking airfare would not be a possibility, there is less reason to offer an incentive since the inconvenience for the guest would be minimal and there would still be lots of time to resell the cabins should they cancel.

One thing Galveston has on its side is…… I have a co-worked that was on the Conquest Last week 11th to the 18th of June. He said that the Captain and Todd were saying that the Conquest was on its 13th week of being number one in their fleet. Now I do not know how this is figured out, by review, capacity? Not sure. Does anyone know?

I'd prefer that Carnival never cruise out of New Orleans again..... The port is horrible, especially the port authority personnel.

I love the city, but I will never cruise out of there.

We were booked on the Conquest (2nd year in a row) out of New Orleans for November 2005. When the ship was moved to Galveston due to hurricane Katrina we were given $50 per person ship board credit.

Since we drive to the port--we decided the extra distance was too far since we were taking the grandkids--so we cancelled (lost the $50 pp)and rebooked on the Holiday then just TWO days later that was cancelled due to Fema taking over the Holiday--so we then received $100 per person good for 1 year on any Carnival cruise and that's how we wound up on the Inspiration for 5 days last November. Had a wonderful fun-filled cruise--but a headache getting it all booked and wound up with only a 5 day versus a 7 day cruise--GOLLY!! maybe I should sue Carnival and get us all a free cruise. How dare them let Hurricane Katrina mess up MY cruise! Never mind all the poor people who lost family, friends, pets, homes and businesses. I was inconvenienced and had to spend a lot of time on the phone getting all this sorted out!

I'd prefer that Carnival never cruise out of New Orleans again..... The port is horrible, especially the port authority personnel.

I love the city, but I will never cruise out of there.

Your opinion is not shared by everyone. It is my favorite city to cruise out of.

In addition to the existing facilities, they are in the process of adding a new parking garage and another cruise terminal. A year or so later, a second new cruise terminal is scheduled to open downriver a bit.

Well, I will just say it again, Carnival has no plans to move the Conquest through to 08. Now after that, I do not know. However RCL is moving the Voyager of the Seas to Galv. in the end of 07 and testing out 08.

Galv. has shown to be a good market especially when larger ships do well. If the Conquest is moved in 08, I can easily see a another Conquest Class taking her place, although I would love to see the Conquest stay.

Your opinion is not shared by everyone. It is my favorite city to cruise out of.

In addition to the existing facilities, they are in the process of adding a new parking garage and another cruise terminal. A year or so later, a second new cruise terminal is scheduled to open downriver a bit.

Do you happen to know what the situtaion is regarding parking at the port of New Orleans? I am booked on a Carnival Cruise out of there in October and had heard that they are having to park "off site" and shuttle passengers in? Do you have an news of when the parking facilities there

are anticipated to be ready?

Thanks in advance!

It's a pretty safe bet that no one posting on these boards knows what Carnival's real plans currently are, and it is a no brainer that whatever the plans are, they are subject to change depending on a number of factors.

The port of Galveston certainly does not speak for Carnival.

When and if the Conquest leaves Galveston for a new home port I hope Carnival replaces her with another Conquest class vessel. With RCCL’s Voyager Of The Seas making a test run in Galveston Dec 07, Spring 08 RCCL must be wanting to take Carnival on head to head. If Carnival pulled the Conquest out of Galveston at this time I’m sure they would lost market share to the Voyager and they still might with the Conquest during that time. Has New Orleans ever had a Voyager class vessel? RCCL must think that the Texas market & the Voyager will do well. This is just all speculation on my part. Things could change at anytime. Galveston could get a Cat. 5 hurricane this session and I might be driving to New Orleans to catch the Conquest in March 07.

Perhaps not, but when you're blatantly ignored by taxi drivers because you're not going to the airport or you're being yelled at and called nasty names by the port officers for being "too early" (10:50am, btw), it does tend to make one jaded.

There's just no way I'd ever cruise out of New Orleans ever again. I'd much rather just visit the city and enjoy all it has to offer and ignore that lone negative aspect of it.

Do you happen to know what the situtaion is regarding parking at the port of New Orleans? I am booked on a Carnival Cruise out of there in October and had heard that they are having to park "off site" and shuttle passengers in? Do you have an news of when the parking facilities there

are anticipated to be ready?

Thanks in advance!

The new parking garage won't be complete by then, but parking should be less of a hassle since there aren't two huge ships emptying and filling up every Sunday. Many of the parking lots aren't far away if you drop your luggage off before you park.

I'm planning on eyeballing the area within the next few weeks and should have a better idea then.

When and if the Conquest leaves Galveston for a new home port I hope Carnival replaces her with another Conquest class vessel. With RCCL’s Voyager Of The Seas making a test run in Galveston Dec 07, Spring 08 RCCL must be wanting to take Carnival on head to head. If Carnival pulled the Conquest out of Galveston at this time I’m sure they would lost market share to the Voyager and they still might with the Conquest during that time. Has New Orleans ever had a Voyager class vessel? RCCL must think that the Texas market & the Voyager will do well. This is just all speculation on my part. Things could change at anytime. Galveston could get a Cat. 5 hurricane this session and I might be driving to New Orleans to catch the Conquest in March 07.

Carnival is already losing market share to NCL in the recovering New Orleans market.

Perhaps not, but when you're blatantly ignored by taxi drivers because you're not going to the airport or you're being yelled at and called nasty names by the port officers for being "too early" (10:50am, btw), it does tend to make one jaded.

There's just no way I'd ever cruise out of New Orleans ever again. I'd much rather just visit the city and enjoy all it has to offer and ignore that lone negative aspect of it.

It is illegal for a taxi to do so - not that some don't try after waiting in line for an extended period. I've had taxi drivers in Miami try to charge something other than the legal fare clearly posted on the window for port to airport transportation. Hardly a legitimate reason to write a city off.

If you don't want to cruise out of New Orleans again, fine, but what seems to be your complaints would not have an impact on most people, even if your complaints were the rule and not the exception.

I have yet to sail out of either port. I looked long and hard at Galveston, but I think it is nutty to have to fly into an airport that is an hour and a half from port. Forgive my ignorance, but is there a reason Galveston cannot support commerical airlines?

I have yet to sail out of either port. I looked long and hard at Galveston, but I think it is nutty to have to fly into an airport that is an hour and a half from port. Forgive my ignorance, but is there a reason Galveston cannot support commerical airlines?

Hobby airport is less than 45 minutes from Galveston.

Archived