FCC and 1st time Princess cruiser

I remember a post (sorry can't find it) saying that Princess was going to change their deposit policy for passengers who haven't sailed with Princess but going with a past cruiser. I am at the gold level (aiming for plantinum :D) and have a friend who wants to take a cruise next year. In the past, a FCC could be used for me and the other person would just put down a $100 deposit. Will we still be able to do this or will both of us need to do a FCC (I am planning on buying at least 2 FCC in December)?

So far things are the same as they have been for years, you using an FCC would entitled someone else booking in the same stateroom with you the same lowered deposit and shipboard credit.

But keep in mind, when purchasing FCC's ("if" this policy does change where each person in the stateroom needs to book with an FCC) that FCC's are non-transferable and can only be used for the person who purchased them.

But right now, no problem booking with one FCC and having a first timer (or anyone else) still receive the same benefits as you as long as you are booked in the same stareroom with them.

I remember a post (sorry can't find it) saying that Princess was going to change their deposit policy for passengers who haven't sailed with Princess but going with a past cruiser. I am at the gold level (aiming for plantinum :D) and have a friend who wants to take a cruise next year. In the past, a FCC could be used for me and the other person would just put down a $100 deposit. Will we still be able to do this or will both of us need to do a FCC (I am planning on buying at least 2 FCC in December)?

There are rumors that Princess is considering making that change to FCC's. However, nothing has been announced so far. It would probably only affect FCC's purchased after the change was made.

So far things are the same as they have been for years, you using an FCC would entitled someone else booking in the same stateroom with you the same lowered deposit and shipboard credit.

But keep in mind, when purchasing FCC's ("if" this policy does change where each person in the stateroom needs to book with an FCC) that FCC's are non-transferable and can only be used for the person who purchased them.

But right now, no problem booking with one FCC and having a first timer (or anyone else) still receive the same benefits as you as long as you are booked in the same stareroom with them.

Actually I just purchased 2 FCC's recently on the Coral in June. I really only wanted to buy one, but was told I had to purchase two. Also that a loop hole on the Princess site was going to be closed that allowed the use of only 1 FCC to hold a room. Children were not included in the booking count.

Ok not sure how or why you would need to purchase one for every person in the room. What if you are traveling with someone who has never cruised before. They would not have a FCC to use on the booking. Technically the booking falls under one person anyway so why would you use two.

Think I probably got tricked into purchasing two. Oh well looks like I will have to keep cruising.:D:D:D

Actually I just purchased 2 FCC's recently on the Coral in June. I really only wanted to buy one, but was told I had to purchase two. Also that a loop hole on the Princess site was going to be closed that allowed the use of only 1 FCC to hold a room. Children were not included in the booking count.

Ok not sure how or why you would need to purchase one for every person in the room. What if you are traveling with someone who has never cruised before. They would not have a FCC to use on the booking. Technically the booking falls under one person anyway so why would you use two.

Think I probably got tricked into purchasing two. Oh well looks like I will have to keep cruising.:D:D:D

Many of the Future Cruise Consultants have told passengers they need one per person. However, Princess has allowed a second person in the cabin to put down $100 and get the OBC if the first person has an FCC.

If the rules are changed to eliminate the option to put down the $100 for the econd person, then that person would have to put down the normal deposit for the cruise and would not get the OBC. The person with the FCC would continue to get the benefits for him or her self.

Check your fine print on the bottom of your FCC's (I am amazed at those that don't even read them). Right now they say that each one is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. Until this changes (IF it changes) they say right on them that one is good for two passengers in the stateroom. Princess would have to take this off the FCC before they would be able to change it to both passengers needing to put down an FCC to receive the benefits. ;)

Check your fine print on the bottom of your FCC's (I am amazed at those that don't even read them). Right now they say that each one is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. Until this changes (IF it changes) they say right on them that one is good for two passengers in the stateroom. Princess would have to take this off the FCC before they would be able to change it to both passengers needing to put down an FCC to receive the benefits. ;)

And since the Future Cruise Consultants don't understand that statement, they will not appreciate any change. Therefore, lots of people will buy one thinking it can be used for two and find out the hard way that they can't.

And since the Future Cruise Consultants don't understand that statement, they will not appreciate any change. Therefore, lots of people will buy one thinking it can be used for two and find out the hard way that they can't.

I could be wrong here, but until Princess changes the written section on the FCC receipt to reflect that 'FCC's are each good for one passenger only'. Princess will have to accept those purchased before that point to include the first two passengers in each stateroom, as they are now. ;)

I could be wrong here, but until Princess changes the written section on the FCC receipt to reflect that 'FCC's are each good for one passenger only'. Princess will have to accept those purchased before that point to include the first two passengers in each stateroom, as they are now. ;)

Toto,

I agree. What I was trying to say is that if Princess does make the change, the Consultants will not understand it.

Toto,

I agree. What I was trying to say is that if Princess does make the change, the Consultants will not understand it.

Got cha! But the real question is, will it make any difference? Heck, many don't understand the way FCC's work now, and they haven't changed in years. Sometimes I really wonder if these Future Cruise Consulants they have onboard are just staff members in need of a position, that know how to pull up cruise bookings on a computer, and little else. lol

I avoid them all like the plague anymore. Thankfully they still allow us to just fill out the sheet and put it in the box to order FCC's to be delivered directly to your stateroom and you don't have to speak to anyone. :D

Got cha! But the real question is, will it make any difference? Heck, many don't understand the way FCC's work now, and they haven't changed in years. Sometimes I really wonder if these Future Cruise Consulants they have onboard are just staff members in need of a position, that know how to pull up cruise bookings on a computer, and little else. lol

I avoid them all like the plague anymore. Thankfully they still allow us to just fill out the sheet and put it in the box to order FCC's to be delivered directly to your stateroom and you don't have to speak to anyone. :D

I just buy the FCC's from them and that is it. Everythng else is thru my TA.

In my experience the Future Cruise Consultants are generally unknoweledgable, disagreeable and sometimes downright rude, so I always use the box. I know where I want to go, and can read the brocures as well as they can, and there is little use waiting in line to talk to the FC Consultant when I will be doing my booking with my regular online TA anyway (and save lots of cash) and checking ships and itineraries on CC. Also, if you do insist on seeing him/her do it early in the cruise as there always seems to be a line towards the end of the cruise and it is a waste of time on one of your last days on board.

Thanks for the information. It really helped. I hope Princess doesn't change this anytime soon. Friend wants to go to Alaska for her 50th birthday next summer and invited me along (now what kind of friend would I be if I declined? :D). So I told her that I thought she could get the $100 deposit with me and she thought that was great. So hopefully things will work out and I get to go to Alaska for the third time.

Thanks for the information. It really helped. I hope Princess doesn't change this anytime soon. Friend wants to go to Alaska for her 50th birthday next summer and invited me along (now what kind of friend would I be if I declined? :D). So I told her that I thought she could get the $100 deposit with me and she thought that was great. So hopefully things will work out and I get to go to Alaska for the third time.

There is one sure way to do this, book NOW, just in case they plan to change the rules anytime soon. Once you're booked using one FCC..............not much they can do about it. I would have your friend choose a cruise now and not wait, just to be sure. ;)

If Princess does change it, they will have to change the wording on the form. This could only apply to FCC's purchased after the change.

Toto a great idea of booking now instead of waiting. Just one little problem...I don't have any FCC. When I was on my last cruise I bought only one that I am using in Dec. to go to Mexico with my mom. <Hanging head in shame> now I know that I must book at least 2 in Dec. and then to book one each cruise in order to have at least one FCC in reserve at all times.

Toto a great idea of booking now instead of waiting. Just one little problem...I don't have any FCC. When I was on my last cruise I bought only one that I am using in Dec. to go to Mexico with my mom. <Hanging head in shame> now I know that I must book at least 2 in Dec. and then to book one each cruise in order to have at least one FCC in reserve at all times.
TAs sometimes have $100 deposit promotions. The ones who book a lot of Princess cruises have these promotions every couple of months or so, or at least that's what it seems like. Check around; you might find one that does and you can book through them. Like Paul, I always have two FCCs on hand "just in case."

Just returned from the Pacific Princess with 4 FCC in hand.

I asked these questions about FCC:

1) Can I use just one of my FCC for both my wife and myself? Answer no, Princess no longer allows you to use 1 FCC with the other passenger paying only $100.00. They would have to make the standard deposit.

2. If I only use 1 FCC, will the other passenger also get the ship board credit? Yes, as long as they book at the same time. (My words) The fine print has an asterisk in front of it that only applies to the Shipboard credit.

Just returned from the Pacific Princess with 4 FCC in hand.

I asked these questions about FCC:

1) Can I use just one of my FCC for both my wife and myself? Answer no, Princess no longer allows you to use 1 FCC with the other passenger paying only $100.00. They would have to make the standard deposit.

2. If I only use 1 FCC, will the other passenger also get the ship board credit? Yes, as long as they book at the same time. (My words) The fine print has an asterisk in front of it that only applies to the Shipboard credit.

But what does the fine print at the bottom of your FCC say? Look all the way to the bottom and see if it doesn't say that it is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. ;)

Here is the fine print:

*This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. Any unused portion of shipboard credit is not redeemable for cash. This offer is available to new future bookings only and is non-transferable. More than two future cruise deposits can be applied to the same booking, however the shipboard credit is only available once per person per booking. Multiple onboard credits cannot be redeemed by single occupancy passengers. Your future cruise deposit is fully refundable if cancelled prior to final payment except for voyages 20 days or longer. Deposit for voyages 20 days or longer is refundable up to 120 days prior to sailing. If you do not use your future cruise deposit in the allocated four years, it will automatically be refunded back in the form it was purchased. This offer is not combinable with world cruises, cruise night promotions or any other non-public fare.

Look in the middle of the document. It says: Future Cruise Length Shipboard Credit*

That is the only place that shows an asterisk.

While I'm not an attorney, I do work for the Federal government in the Judge Advocate Generals Office and that is how our office interrupts the "fine print". If we do not have multiple sites a single asterisk is sufficient to footnote the subject matter.

However, if we had drawn a document like this we would have separated the sited entry from the non-sited entries.

"Look in the middle of the document. It says: Future Cruise Length Shipboard Credit*"

Because the shipboard credit varies depending on the length of cruise and stateroom category you book. ;)

But the fine print does still say that this offer is available for the first two passengers in the stateroom. So whatever the offer is right now on the FCC receipt, it would be available for the first two passengers.

I got new FCC's in May. Cruise consultant told me the usual stuff that two FCC's must be used, etc. Same stuff they've been saying for years. The written info is exactly the same on FCC I have left over from 2007 and what born2cruize posted. No difference, whatsoever. So, it clearly states one FCC is good for first two passengers. I would think if things change, so will the written FCC rules.

Archived