FCC and 1st time Princess cruiser

"Look in the middle of the document. It says: Future Cruise Length Shipboard Credit*"

Because the shipboard credit varies depending on the length of cruise and stateroom category you book. ;)

But the fine print does still say that this offer is available for the first two passengers in the stateroom. So whatever the offer is right now on the FCC receipt, it would be available for the first two passengers.

Future Cruise Length & Shipboard Credit are column headings no need to asterisk it if it only applied to difference in credit.

The first sentence in the fine print is referencing the Shipboard credit not the deposit.

We purchased 2 FCC's 1 for each of us while on board in May. Just booked another cruise, our Princess agent said we only needed to use one not both if we wanted. So we used one for me and paid $100 deposit for dh. We still have one FCC left. I thought he said you only got the onboard credit once ($100) even if using an 2 FCC's (one per person) in the cabin.

We do plan on purchasing at least one more FCC while on board our next cruise.

We purchased 2 FCC's 1 for each of us while on board in May. Just booked another cruise, our Princess agent said we only needed to use one not both if we wanted. So we used one for me and paid $100 deposit for dh. We still have one FCC left. I thought he said you only got the onboard credit once ($100) even if using an 2 FCC's (one per person) in the cabin.

We do plan on purchasing at least one more FCC while on board our next cruise.

You will both get whatever shipboard credit is listed for your length of sailing and type of stateroom booked. So, if one was to get $100, that will be doubled and you each will receive it. :) If your shipboard credit was $50 each, then that could be where they came up with that figure as you each would receive it and it would total $100. The amount all depends on the type of stateroom and length of sailing you booked. ;)

We purchased 2 FCCs 12/11/07, and at the time of purchase all we received were 2 letters with separate FCC ID numbers, that stated:

"This letter confirms that we have received payment for deposit in the amount of 100.00 USD toward a future cruise with Princess. This credit is valid for four years from the date of issue." This is the only reference made to deposits. Then there is a section regarding shipboard credit amounts. There are no astericks at all in the body of the letter. After the signature of the letter, there is a paragraph that begins with an asterick, but it is not a reference to an earlier asterick. It says: "*This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupancy will receive a single person portion. Onboard credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. This offer or any unused portion is not redeemable for cash and is available to new bookings only. This offer is non-transferable and currrency is non-changeable. This offer is not combinable with World cruises." In addition to the 2 letters, we got 2 friends invitations. It does seem that the paragraph following the asterick refers to shipboard credit only, as there is absolutely no mention of there being any kind of offer regarding the deposit.

I have always both the same number of FCC's for my wife and for my self. I have always used one each when we book a cruise. I figured some day this problem might come up. The little bit of interest I lose on $100 is not worth worrying about.

I am really confused. I will be sailing my first Princess cruise in a little more than 2 weeks. Tell me if this is correct because this is what I'm planning on.

DH and I plan on taking DS and his financee to Alaska next summer. If I buy 2 FCCs can I book 2 separate cabins with one of us in each using 1 FCC for each? Then will DS get the OBC along with my DH and will his financee get OBC along with me?

Do I have to book the specific cruise while on the ship? It is a little early for me to know their schedules for next summer. If I book and then have to change the sailing will the FCC transfer to the new sailing.

As I read this I realize it sounds confusing even to me but hope some Princess veterans can answer.

Thanks,

Terry

I am really confused. I will be sailing my first Princess cruise in a little more than 2 weeks. Tell me if this is correct because this is what I'm planning on.

DH and I plan on taking DS and his financee to Alaska next summer. If I buy 2 FCCs can I book 2 separate cabins with one of us in each using 1 FCC for each? Then will DS get the OBC along with my DH and will his financee get OBC along with me?

Do I have to book the specific cruise while on the ship? It is a little early for me to know their schedules for next summer. If I book and then have to change the sailing will the FCC transfer to the new sailing.

As I read this I realize it sounds confusing even to me but hope some Princess veterans can answer.

Thanks,

Terry

As the rules stand "right now', the answers to all of your questions are yes. Now, will these rules remain the same or change? No telling on that one.

But right now, you can use one FCC for the first two passengers in the stateroom, you and financee, and DS and DH in the second stateroom. With just you and your DH having an FCC.

You don't have to book the exact cruise onboard, you can just purchase the FCC's onboard and decide later and apply them to the sailing of your choice.

If you change your mind, and cancel you can apply that same FCC to another ship on another date without penalty.

As far as we know, there is no change in the FCC's. That being the case if you and DH each purchase an FCC, you can use them to book two cabins on from you and your sons fiancee and one for your DH & DS. All for of you will get the OBC. At the time of booking you would have to pay $100 deposit for DS and fiancee.

If after booking, you change your mind, you could change to a different date as long as you have not made te final payment.

Fear not, many of us have been confused by the FCC rules and incorrect explanations over the years!

Here's the scoop: Yes, you can use one FCC for the cabin and still have a reduced deposit and OBC for the 2nd person...

The first time I used mine, I thought each person had to have one, so I used up two FCCs with no extra benefit (other than using it for the deposit)... after that, I learned that you only need one FCC per cabin to receive the OBC for the first two people...

Yeesh, it really is hard to explain this clearly, isn't it!!

I always try to keep a couple on hand for sudden cruise bookings... they are a great deal!

The onboard future cruise consultant on the Sea Princess on June 30th said that the "glitch" in the system that allows one FCC to be used for two people is being "tightened up". She said "if only using one FCC, then the second person would have to pay full deposit and not get the OBC". We wanted to have two on hand anyway - and we wanted to see what she would say. It was a sea day and we had a few minutes to spare to talk to her. So, we'll find out for ourselves when we find a cruise we wish to book. It would be nice if everyone at Princess would be on the same page - and if the written word matched the spoken word. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
But what does the fine print at the bottom of your FCC say? Look all the way to the bottom and see if it doesn't say that it is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. ;)

Fine print on an FCC purchased 9/08: The bottom has an * that is followed by the information it applies to the first two passengers in the stateroom + some other restrictions. Nowhere in the main text of the FCC above the small print is there an * to refer back to.

Fine print in an FCC purchased 4/09: The bottom has an * that is followed by the information it applies to the first two passengers in the stateroom + some other restrictions. Also has added small print about how long before a booked sailing the FCC is fully refundable and that if not used in four years, it will automatically refunded back in the form it was purchased. However, as an earlier post said, there is now an * in the main text after the words "Shipboard Credit." Of course, about half the text of the small print has nothing to do with onboard credit.

Probably a good travel agent would know if a single FCC will still allow a 2nd passenger to be booked with a $100 deposit. If not, the main bad result is that the 2nd passenger would need an FCC in own name to avoid a large deposit. On the other hand, when you buy your FCCs, you are told they can all be one person's name, no need to buy them with different names.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xywolap
In my experience the Future Cruise Consultants are generally unknoweledgable, disagreeable and sometimes downright rude, so I always use the box.

Only had one encounter with a FCC and yes, mine was downright rude too and arrogant to boot.

I found it an odd attitude for someone who is supposed to be attracting sales??

Archived