Lemonade, flavored water, and blue dots

david_sobe

Last month someone reported that NCL started serving lemonade and flavored water as an option. Someone also reported about the blue dots to claim deck chairs that are left with towels on them.

NCL like other lines sometimes do experiments on one ship to see how the new policy works before making changes fleet wide.

Anyone recently cruise where there was lemonade, flavored water, and blue dots? If so, please name your ship.

I have not cruised since all of this was started, but NCL the blue dots were brought up on the NCL facebook page a week or so ago. The NCL rep there said they were trying it out on the Star to see how it works and if it helps. I think the Star is a good ship to try it out on as many people have complained that there were not enough deck chairs.

Time will tell I guess. I look forward to others posting to see how things are going. I know there will be those that complain about their stuff being moved after they left a towel on the chair at 6 am and returned for it at 11am. We shall see

Is the Lemonade complimentary, like the iced tea?

Is it available in the buffets, dining rooms, or at the bars? all places mentioned, some places, or just not sure.

Going on the Star on July 15

This will be a great addition in my opinion. I'm not a soda or iced tea drinker and usually carry my water flavor packets to break up the water only choice.

Is it available in the buffets, dining rooms, or at the bars? all places mentioned, some places, or just not sure.

This will be a great addition in my opinion. I'm not a soda or iced tea drinker and usually carry my water flavor packets to break up the water only choice.

Hi Deb, say "hi" to your Mom and Brandon for Bob and I. Enjoy the Star :)

Janet

The lemonade was available in the buffet. Not sure if it was available all the time though.

It looks like the lemonade and flavored water have hit all the ships but right now blue dots are only on the Star.

Great News about the Lemonade. That is one thing DH always missed on NCL ( CCL has Lemonade).

On the sky right now! Just got back from lunch, they definitely have the flavored water and lemonade, not sure about the blue dots. I had the mango water and it was YUM! They also have a special in the specialty restaurants tonight, if you book a reservation between 5:30-6 you get a free bottle of wine! Also our stateroom was ready by 12:45, what a treat! Sorry, you can tell I'm excited to be back on the sky...

I spotted a crew member placing yellow dots with time written on it on deck chairs on the epic in Feb. This was at roughly 730 am. 4 chairs just down from me had towels laid on the unoccupied until noon. A family walked by us looking for chairs several times, on one trip my fiance told them of the 4 unoccupied, yellow dotted chairs and told them to alert the crew. A crew member returned with the dad, collected the towels and the family got the chairs.

The original chair hogs showed up about 2 o'clock. 2 people for 4 chairs(nice). The family told them how they obtained the chairs and where they could reclaim their towels. The 2 people flagged a waiter and he confirmed the story. The 2 left without incident.

So dots on chairs were not advertised but were in full effect on the epic in Feb.

I spotted a crew member placing yellow dots with time written on it on deck chairs on the epic in Feb. This was at roughly 730 am. 4 chairs just down from me had towels laid on the unoccupied until noon. A family walked by us looking for chairs several times, on one trip my fiance told them of the 4 unoccupied, yellow dotted chairs and told them to alert the crew. A crew member returned with the dad, collected the towels and the family got the chairs.

The original chair hogs showed up about 2 o'clock. 2 people for 4 chairs(nice). The family told them how they obtained the chairs and where they could reclaim their towels. The 2 people flagged a waiter and he confirmed the story. The 2 left without incident.

So dots on chairs were not advertised but were in full effect on the epic in Feb.

Awesome! Now I have to add a yellow dot to my signature line! lol

Just verifying lemonade, strawberry Kiwi & tropical mango waters were available at all times on the Sky this week.

On the Star this Sunday and just want to verify that the flavored waters are complimentary? My DH will be very happy to hear about this. Thanks!

On the Star this Sunday and just want to verify that the flavored waters are complimentary? My DH will be very happy to hear about this. Thanks!

Yes complimentary and available at the beverage dispenser stations in the buffet areas. I can't vouch for dining room or other restaurant availability though as I never checked.

Was on the Star June 10-17 and they had lemonade a mango and another flavored water along with unsweetened ice tea, I really thought it was a great addition and being free was even better.

Yes complimentary and available at the beverage dispenser stations in the buffet areas. I can't vouch for dining room or other restaurant availability though as I never checked.

Thank you!

Wondering if anyone knows, are all of these drinks sugar sweetened?

I caught a glimpse of the packaging and it stated "Made with Intense Sweeteners" so I'm not sure if it contains both sugar and intense sweeteners or not but you should be able to ask to see the flavor syrup cartons.

I caught a glimpse of the packaging and it stated "Made with Intense Sweeteners" so I'm not sure if it contains both sugar and intense sweeteners or not but you should be able to ask to see the flavor syrup cartons.

Intense sweeteners are non-sugar, low calorie sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose. They generally don't mix them with sugar, but who knows. I'll see if I can learn more on my upcoming cruise

Archived