UBP included in cruise package, tips?

I booked a cruise on the Getaway with the included UBP for April 2016 (so far away!:( )

I read today that if you get the UDP, you still have to pay gratuity each time you dine in a specialty dining area. Does the same hold true with the included UBP? Do they charge, and then credit the drink cost so the gratuity gets added? I am okay either way, but curious nonetheless.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying NCL. Done with Carnival for a bit!

I booked a cruise on the Getaway with the included UBP for April 2016 (so far away!:( )

I read today that if you get the UDP, you still have to pay gratuity each time you dine in a specialty dining area. Does the same hold true with the included UBP? Do they charge, and then credit the drink cost so the gratuity gets added? I am okay either way, but curious nonetheless.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying NCL. Done with Carnival for a bit!

That is not correct for either UDP or UBP. 18% gratuity is charged on the purchase of the package, and is therefore included with the promo packages. Only extra gratuity is if you choose to give.

Interesting. A review I read stated otherwise for the UDP. Thanks for answering.

You're welcome. I didn't mean to be short with you Scott... NCL just does a piss-poor job of explaining their own program. It's a little frustrating. Sorry...

You're welcome. I didn't mean to be short with you Scott... NCL just does a piss-poor job of explaining their own program. It's a little frustrating. Sorry...

No worries. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And rumors are flying like crazy

A question I haven't seen asked here yet: I will be traveling with my three kids and have the UBP. My daughter is 19 and I plan to sign the parent consent form for the Beer/Wine package for her. Will NCL just upgrade her to the Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package from the soda package?

A question I haven't seen asked here yet: I will be traveling with my three kids and have the UBP. My daughter is 19 and I plan to sign the parent consent form for the Beer/Wine package for her. Will NCL just upgrade her to the Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package from the soda package?

No. There is no upgrade available. You would have to pay separately for that package. Unless she is a heavy drinker, for someone that age, it would make more sense to pay as she goes for drinks. Just my opinion. She'd need to average about 8 or 9 beers each day to break even. That seems like a lot for a 19 year old.

No. There is no upgrade available. You would have to pay separately for that package. Unless she is a heavy drinker, for someone that age, it would make more sense to pay as she goes for drinks. Just my opinion. She'd need to average about 8 or 9 beers each day to break even. That seems like a lot for a 19 year old.

Thankfully she could never put that many away. Thanks for the heads up.