where is the port in saguenay?

drbabe

Husband and son on cruise to Canada now. They will be in the port of Saguenay for a day. I don't know if they also cruise the river. In any event, I'm looking into a whale watching boat trip for them, and trying to figure out where exactly the port is located, and whether it is worth trying to get them onto a whale watching boat. Does anyone know where the port is, and whether there are whale watching boats that go out from the port, or close by, and whether there will be whales to see on about October 22nd?

Sorry, you are at home and they are already on the ship? :confused: And you are trying to plan this excursion for them, from home? I guess I'm confused. Can they not do it themselves? They might have better luck doing it the day they arrive; there are usually tour companies at the pier.

Hello

Cruise terminal is situated in Ville de La Baie (ville means city )

or sometimes called Port Alfred, Quebec.

there are tour boats that operate from there, but you wont see any whales up the river that far, the best tours for whales are located in Tadoussac, or Grande Bergeronnes, which are on the St Lawrence river.

(Well Tadoussac is at the mouth of the saguenay where it joins the St Lawrence.

You probably wont see any of the large whales like Fin whales this time of year, but you will probably see Belugas (the white ones) a bit up on the Saguenay river. but not as far up as La Baie.

and especially around the estuary where it joins the St Lawrence.

Dress warm its pretty cold around there this time of year. but you might get lucky, last November daytime temps were great, up in the 70's did cool off at night though, and that warm is not the norm.

If they are going to saguenay they will cruise the river but if they dock at La Baie it will be dark on the way back down, and pretty dark on the way up also.

Archived