Photos and review of Handicap Mini-Suite on Regal

MaryTiller

I just booked a B2B on the Regal Princess for my Mother, my sister, and me. Mother is in her mid 80's and has mobility issues along with needing a sit in the shower. By booking early( Departing NYC on 10-24-15 and Eastern Caribbean 11-3-15 we were able to get a Mini on Baja deck. I would like to have any feedback about the cabin and how it will effect our Mother. The last cruise we went on together was a 14 day Hawaii from SFO and only had the std mini. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We will be traveling with a wheel chair and are going to rent a "Scoot Around' so Mother can have independent mobility.

There was a member of my Roll Call (Hi Linda!!!) that invited me into her h/c accessible mini-suite accommodations to take pictures just in case a question like this came up later. And here we are! ;)

Please keep in mind that any of the mini-suites that are NOT located at the peaks under the SeaView Bar and SeaWalk will have the smaller, standard-sized balcony. Those particular cabins do have a ramp leading out to the balcony for w/c access, but the balcony is so small some w/c's may not fit out there. Those mini-suite h/c cabins that are located ON the peaks (B432, B433, A432, A433, C432, C433) WILL have a balcony like the one pictured below.

Here are pictures I took of the bedroom area and bathroom of C432, a w/c accessible mini-suite located on one of the peaks under the SeaView Bar. Royal Princess and Regal Princess are identical in their accommodations types, so these pictures can go for either of those two ships.

From the entrance doorway looking into the stateroom

16399041313_b60386e842_c.jpg

Looking back towards the entrance door from near the balcony door (the bathroom door is the larger one to the left)

16399041343_77157f5921_c.jpg

16399041583_d0733e89d1_c.jpg

The desk area near the balcony

16399041833_ffeb5456e0_c.jpg

The sofa area across from the desk

16399042113_97fb7907da_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

My 90-year-old mom and I have enjoyed the handicapped minis on the Crown and Ruby. We really wanted to try a different ship for our next cruise. Thanks for the photos of C432 on the Regal. That will be our cabin for our November cruise. Hope we'll come to love the Regal as much or more than the Crown!

We were on the Royal Inaugural cruise in 2013, and those are great and informative photos

Cato

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

More pictures of H/C accessible C432 Mini-suite...

Closets and storage areas across from the beds

16811927607_3605cd5059_c.jpg

16811927637_b9f77697c9_c.jpg

16811928107_9c635d230b_c.jpg

The bathroom and shower area

16811926857_a75aa9cf1c_c.jpg

16811927267_5f200a5c31_c.jpg

16811927427_95575b02d0_c.jpg

Great, clear photos giving me valuable information on what I'm likely to encounter on the Golden Princess-I have the Window Suite. Your skill has shown me what I need to be careful of when documenting things photographically-take a photo, then record on my notepad-what, where, why, and when. Every time I come on the forum I learn something useful! Thank You!

Crochetcruise

Great, clear photos giving me valuable information on what I'm likely to encounter on the Golden Princess-I have the Window Suite. Your skill has shown me what I need to be careful of when documenting things photographically-take a photo, then record on my notepad-what, where, why, and when. Every time I come on the forum I learn something useful! Thank You!

Crochetcruise

Check out this thread for my photos of the accessible WS, F315 and the other WS.

Golden (and Caribbean) Princess Window Suite Photos

Check out this thread for my photos of the accessible WS, F315 and the other WS.

Golden (and Caribbean) Princess Window Suite Photos

THANK YOU![/b] I remembered looking at them earlier. I've now "pinned" it to my Taskbar so I can show friends where I'll be enjoying myself the 2 nights of the cruise. I knew I'd seen it somewhere on Cruise Critic. I learn something useful every time I come here!

Crochetcruise :cool:

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! These photos tell us all we wanted to know. Our Cabin is B432

on the Regal and I know that we have an enlarged balcony. The cabin looks like it can store Mother's Scootaround without any issues. Do you know if there is an outlet there where we can charge it at night? Our last trip, on the Grand, was in a mini regular cabin and our steward would take the buggy away at night, charge it, then return it in the morning.

I've sent an email to Linda (whose cabin that was in the pictures), so hopefully she'll chime in over the next couple of days.

I do see that there is an outlet at the desk, which would place the scooter near the non-sliding balcony door. This way you could temporarily relocate the desk chair out of the way somewhere, and the scooter should fit nicely parallel to the desk itself.

:D

I've sent an email to Linda (whose cabin that was in the pictures), so hopefully she'll chime in over the next couple of days.

I do see that there is an outlet at the desk, which would place the scooter near the non-sliding balcony door. This way you could temporarily relocate the desk chair out of the way somewhere, and the scooter should fit nicely parallel to the desk itself.

:D

Thank you again for your assistance. We almost gave up our "girls gone wild" cruises because of our Mother's mobility issues.i will check back frequently to see what you find out from your friend[emoji365]

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! These photos tell us all we wanted to know. Our Cabin is B432

on the Regal and I know that we have an enlarged balcony. The cabin looks like it can store Mother's Scootaround without any issues. Do you know if there is an outlet there where we can charge it at night? Our last trip, on the Grand, was in a mini regular cabin and our steward would take the buggy away at night, charge it, then return it in the morning.

Hi,

This is Linda and I was in C432 on the Royal with Dave. He is correct in advising you that there are 2 outlets at the desk area. Putting the wheelchair/scooter near there to charge should work just fine. You may need an extension cord. As you can see the mini suite h/c is rather large so the chair should not be in your way. You can always move the coffee table or have it removed. Dave's pictures are very similar to mine and unfortunately I do not have a closeup of the outlets. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your cruise.