What do you DO in the concierge lounge??

Now that I have my Conquest cruise behind me, I can concentrate on my Voyager of the Seas cruise coming up in April! My daughter, who will be 17 when we cruise, and I will be in a GS!! I know they will make reservations for you and that you get to use the concierge lounge, but what else is there?

What do you do in the concierge lounge? Is it only open certain hours of the day? Do they serve just drinks in there or can you get soft drinks too? Will my 17yo daughter be able to go in there too?

We loved our Cat. 12 room on the Conquest, but I think we will REALLY love the GS!!:D :cool: Thanks!!

Now that I have my Conquest cruise behind me, I can concentrate on my Voyager of the Seas cruise coming up in April! My daughter, who will be 17 when we cruise, and I will be in a GS!! I know they will make reservations for you and that you get to use the concierge lounge, but what else is there?

What do you do in the concierge lounge? Is it only open certain hours of the day? Do they serve just drinks in there or can you get soft drinks too? Will my 17yo daughter be able to go in there too?

We loved our Cat. 12 room on the Conquest, but I think we will REALLY love the GS!!:D :cool: Thanks!!

Leigh, The Concierge lounge is open 24/7 and entry is by using a card key which will be supplied to you. There is a very nice Continental Breakfast every morning and an awesome coffee cappucino machine (best coffee on the ship IMHO) It also provides hot water for tea and hot chocolate and is available all the time.

In the evening between 5pm and 8.30pm there is an open bar with basic drinks and mixes along with wines, soft drinks and hors d'euvres. Unfortunately your 17 y/o would not be permitted in during that time but she would be at any other time. The Concierge has a desk and posted office hours and there are computer stations in some of the lounges. Hope this helps. We have met some lovely people over the course of evenings spent having a few drinks before dinner.

Well i think there's a bit of a mix up. The cigar lounge in the Conneisaur(excuse my spelling) and the lounge you get when you book a suite/diamond member is the Concierge. To answer your questions the Concierge Lounge is a room usually on deck 9 , you get a special key to get into it. It is run by the concierge manager who will not only be the host during the special cocktail and breakfast time but will also help you with dinner reservations at specialty rest., help you book excursions and help you with any other issues that come up. The lounge is open 24/7 you can get hot beverages there . There's a machine that provides coffee , decaff, hot chocolate, cappuccino, and espresso. During the morning you can have a continental breakfast from 8-10 or 11 not sure exact times. From 5 - 8:30 there's free drinks (wine, beer and liquor and mixers) and appetizers(cheeses,hot appetizers and fresh veggies). I do believe you must be 18 during this time. Other perks of the lounge , you can rent dvd's (you have a player in you grande suite) first dibs at ice skating tickets, menu's for the dining room before you get to dinner and white tags to be first off the ship. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone!! I was thinking that it would be a place that i would end up rarely going into, but after hearing what is available, I think I might be in there quite a bit!;) Sounds like some great perks that we will really enjoy!! Now I am even more excited!!:D

Hi

From what I understand, though I have yet to be there myself (first GS in April 2008!) the Concierge Lounge has no windows! Is this true on all ships? I will be on the Liberty....anyone have experience?

T

Hi

From what I understand, though I have yet to be there myself (first GS in April 2008!) the Concierge Lounge has no windows! Is this true on all ships? I will be on the Liberty....anyone have experience?

T

Unfortunately, the Concierge Lounge on the Voyager and Freedom class ships are inside - no windows. The CL's on the Radiance class ships have windows and a great view of the ocean. I understand that the C&A Diamond Lounge on the Freedom class ships have windows.

If you are at the Diamond level with C&A, the Diamond Lounge is a great place to visit. We enjoyed our time in the Diamond Lounge on Freedom, which was located in the Viking Crown. The private area provided great views, an open bar, and a quiet place to meet before dinner. Like the conceirge lounge, there is a host available.

Brian

that are under lock & key during the day can be picked up by you for your 17 year old after 5PM to take back to the stateroom to enjoy. The only free Cokes on the ship.

Now some ships have the Concierge Lounge strickly for Suite guests. Diamond/Plus have the Diamond Lounge to use. They also have a bar at 5PM for hors de ourves & cocktails. I remember Freedom/Liberty had that.

The concierge lounge on Enchantment of the Seas has a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows. I like getting there between 6 & 7 in the morning. I usually get the place to myself and will watch one of the waiters set up the morning breakfast while drinking cappuccino with a shot of espresso in it. The best coffee on the ship is in the CL.

I do have a favorite part of the Enchantment CL but I won't repeat it for fear of sounding like a broken record. But here's a hint...it starts with J. :D

Well....I think all of your questions have been answered. We use the Concierge Lounge extensively. The coffee, as previously stated, is wonderful. I have a Royal Caribbean travel coffee mug and I fill it with a latte in the mornings and stroll around the ship or find a nice spot to do some people watching early. My husband is a late sleeper, so that keeps me entertained. We always go there for drinks before dinner and enjoy meeting people there.

You don't have to stand in line for ice show tickets on the Voyager/Freedom class ships. The Concierge can get all excursion tickets for you in a snap.....again ....no standing in line.

The Concierge Lounge on Radiance Class ships are the best. Mommabean......we've booked our first Enchantment cruise for October and looking forward to the lounge there. I begged them for years to put the CL in that spot on Vision Class ships. It's nice to know that they are finally doing it as Legend and Splendour have them, too. I hope they keep going.

Sheri

Rena and I will see you every morning for coffee.......:)

Jim

The CL on Freedom class ships on inside center on Deck 10, same location on Deck 9 for Voyager class. Usually relatively quiet during the day but accessible 24/7 to suite guests. Diamond members have a separate lounge with windows on Deck 14. I actually use the DVD library for viewing in my stateroom. The concierge can be very helpful in taking care of any issues that may arise during your stay up to and including booking spa appointments, reservations for specialty restaurants, etc. Great perk but not a driving factor for my booking a suite. I like the extra space and comfort. There are soft drinks, coffee, breakfast, etc. in the am. Drinks in the evening that is adults only time.

LeighNtexas

Hi The Concienge Lounge is for you to enjoy a good cigar and a nice drink.

Very low lights and a great place to kick back and enjoy. I wouldnt take my 17 year old.

Hope this helps

No smoking in the concierge lounge.

Does the Diamond specific lounge have the concierge to take care of reservations and shore excursions too? Does it have the specialty coffee's in the morning with buffet breakfast? Basically, is it the same as the conceirge lounge for suite guests??

There's a machine that provides coffee , decaff, hot chocolate, cappuccino, and espresso.

Does the machine have a hot milk frother for lattes? My parents don't remember, and also don't remember if there were any coffee syrups. (I might pre-mix some of my favorites and bring them with me...)

Mom and Dad said the mixed drinks are basic - ie, there are no martinis.

(This was all on the Jewel.)

The Concierge Lounge on Radiance Class ships are the best.

We felt the CL on the Brilliance was small and crowded. It was about half the size as the one on Enchantment and Navigator and a third of the size as the one on Splendour. On Brilliance we spent the majority of our evenings in the overflow Concierge lounge (Hollywood Odyssey) rather than the actual CL. Difficult to enjoy the view when you can't get a seat.

that are under lock & key during the day can be picked up by you for your 17 year old after 5PM to take back to the stateroom to enjoy. The only free Cokes on the ship.

Now some ships have the Concierge Lounge strickly for Suite guests. Diamond/Plus have the Diamond Lounge to use. They also have a bar at 5PM for hors de ourves & cocktails. I remember Freedom/Liberty had that.

I think it depends on the Concierge if you are allowed to take drinks/cokes out of the lounge. Riccardo who was on Mariner and I think now on Liberty, didn't allow anything to be taken out. I think the policy is that drinks/foods are to be consumed in the lounge because if they allowed people to take things out, they could be giving them to people who aren't entitled.

When we were on Brilliance, we were able to take our last drink with us to the dining room. So it does matter what the Concierge allows.

Does the machine have a hot milk frother for lattes? My parents don't remember, and also don't remember if there were any coffee syrups. (I might pre-mix some of my favorites and bring them with me...)

Mom and Dad said the mixed drinks are basic - ie, there are no martinis.

(This was all on the Jewel.)

Great Bombay Sapphire martinis on the Mariner. I even got a James Bond kiss on the hand as a bonus, bartender and concierge at night. Wonderful.

1131293267038536431S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is a pic of the concierge lounge on the Mariner, The one on Adventure is pretty much the same..NOOO the blonde doesnt come with it:)

Tim

Tim,

Nice mascara. What kind is it? :p :D Say hi to the DW, too. And she never emailed my DH back. Bad girl.

Well....I think all of your questions have been answered. We use the Concierge Lounge extensively. The coffee' date=' as previously stated, is wonderful. I have a Royal Caribbean travel coffee mug and I fill it with a latte in the mornings and stroll around the ship or find a nice spot to do some people watching early. My husband is a late sleeper, so that keeps me entertained. We always go there for drinks before dinner and enjoy meeting people there.

You don't have to stand in line for ice show tickets on the Voyager/Freedom class ships. The Concierge can get all excursion tickets for you in a snap.....again ....no standing in line.

The Concierge Lounge on Radiance Class ships are the best. [b']Mommabean......[/b]we've booked our first Enchantment cruise for October and looking forward to the lounge there. I begged them for years to put the CL in that spot on Vision Class ships. It's nice to know that they are finally doing it as Legend and Splendour have them, too. I hope they keep going.

You are going to love your Enchantment cruise and the added bonus of the CL on board. It's the best.

And to the person who asked - Yes, the coffee machine makes lattes. You won't froth your milk by sticking it under a frother. It will come out already frothed and I thought it was great. There are real cups or paper cups for take out. Of course you could take out a real cup, too. No one is there in the early morning to stop you from taking your coffee, latte, cappuccino or espresso with you. I like going to get it and taking a cup back to DH.

I think it depends on the Concierge if you are allowed to take drinks/cokes out of the lounge. Riccardo who was on Mariner and I think now on Liberty, didn't allow anything to be taken out. I think the policy is that drinks/foods are to be consumed in the lounge because if they allowed people to take things out, they could be giving them to people who aren't entitled.

When we were on Brilliance, we were able to take our last drink with us to the dining room. So it does matter what the Concierge allows.

Julian on Enchantment doesn't allow cokes/drinks to be taken out either. It's fun to watch him in action as he stops those who always try to beat the rules. It's also fun to watch those who aren't supposed to be there as they are gently prohibited from returning. :D

Archived