Luggage Storage After cruise

LaxJeep23

We will be arriving back on July 7th early with the Freedom of the Seas and our flight doesn't leave until 3:20pm. Besides doing an excursion with RCCL that will hold your luggage and then transfer you to the airport or storing your luggage at Barrachina's restaurant, are there any other options for luggage storage in San Juan? Does RCCL offer luggage transfer to the airport in San Juan, like they do in other ports? Thank you for your help!

We will be arriving back on July 7th early with the Freedom of the Seas and our flight doesn't leave until 3:20pm. Besides doing an excursion with RCCL that will hold your luggage and then transfer you to the airport or storing your luggage at Barrachina's restaurant, are there any other options for luggage storage in San Juan? Does RCCL offer luggage transfer to the airport in San Juan, like they do in other ports? Thank you for your help!

Sorry...RCI hasn't offered luggage valet for several years in San Juan.

I guess a question to ask would be - what are you looking to do with your time between when you get off the ship and when you board the plane?

First thing to consider - arrive at the airport early. And I do mean EARLY. You will need to go through an agricultural check of your bags before dropping them off (this part doesn't take too long, but maybe another 5 minutes) and then there is the MASSIVE security checkpoint line. If you do not have TSA pre-check, this line will take a long time. For our return flight in Jan 2016, it took us an hour and a half to get through. So if you need to be at the gate by 2:45, I'd arrive at the airport no later than 1:00pm to make sure you can get through in time.

One option is to maximize your time on the ship - you can probably stay as long as 10am but the downside is nothing will really be open. No bars, no pools, no activities. Pretty much just sitting in a lounge reading a book or people watching.

If you do want to check out Old San Juan on foot, Barrichina's is probably the best option to drop luggage and then wander around. You don't need to buy food or drinks, but their food is pretty tasty.

I'm sure there are private tours out there that accommodate luggage for this specific reason (I just haven't tried them yet).

Transfers to the airport are offered by RCCL but we find that a taxi is just as effective and are fixed price. You can leave the ship when you choose to do so. Eat breakfast, get your carry onsite out of your room and people watch in a lounge until they kick you out. Go through customs and grab a cab. There will be someone there to write you a ticket with the price on it based on the number of bags and people to the airport. You cant check your bags more than 4 hours before your flight. Take it easy! The last thing you need to end your trip on is stressing on your way home. Your flight time doesn't really allow for much time to do anything besides grab lunch before your flight in town anyway. Unless you want to do self assist and be off first. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app