Discovery 2 reviews

Going on discovery2 in febuary but i,m a bit concerned about the reviews coming out on here.It has been getting a right roasting, now it might have been a bad fortnight for some but would have liked to have seen some upbeat reviews before i go.

Going on discovery2 in febuary but i,m a bit concerned about the reviews coming out on here.It has been getting a right roasting, now it might have been a bad fortnight for some but would have liked to have seen some upbeat reviews before i go.

We have been on Discovery 2 twice although not to the Caribbean - on its inaugural fortnight with TUI/Marella in May (Mediterranean) and again for a week in October (Canaries). After the to be expected odd teething problem the first week, we loved the ship - comfortable cabins, attractive bar areas and MDRs serving very acceptable food, very pleasant crew and good entertainment. The one place we avoided was the buffet restaurant as it can be very crowded - on the odd occasion that the MDR was closed at lunchtime we ate at the Snack Shack or in the Glass House rather than struggle to find a table in the buffet. On the 3 weeks we have been on board the passengers have been a great mix and we have seen no overindulgence on the AI drinks. One annoying persistent problem is people getting up at dawn to put towels out by the pool - didn't bother us as we are not sun bathers but annoying for people who like to relax on deck.

We would be more than happy to sail on Discovery 2 again; we are on Discovery in May and if it is as good as D2 we will be very happy. Enjoy your cruise.

A problem with reviews is they are not an accurate portrait of the sum of passenger experiences on that cruise. The vast majority of passengers don't post reviews and those that do are more likely to post good or bad reviews. You might not know the reviewers expectations or previous cruising experience, or if they researched the cruise line/ship before booking. I would start to take notice if there were a lot of bad reviews over a considerable period of time.

I,ve not been dragged into the 21st century yet with regards to facepuke but my wife is on so will get her to take a look.As for the reviews its the entertainment one which bothers me most as i have found that the older ships tend to get the best bands i.e strumjam {spirit} prodigy {celebration} anyways i will find out soon enough

I was on the Discovery in October, it was my 16th cruise in total, I didn’t enjoy it and wouldn’t go on it again, there was far too much too list which I didn’t like, biggest problem was understaffed and staff moral was at an all time low, one of the entertainers even said on stage he was glad he was going home, the day we were coming back a loud female member of staff was whooping and high five her colleagues as she was getting off that day, I much prefer the spirit and celebration for friendly personal service.

I was on the Discovery in October, it was my 16th cruise in total, I didn’t enjoy it and wouldn’t go on it again, there was far too much too list which I didn’t like, biggest problem was understaffed and staff moral was at an all time low, one of the entertainers even said on stage he was glad he was going home, the day we were coming back a loud female member of staff was whooping and high five her colleagues as she was getting off that day, I much prefer the spirit and celebration for friendly personal service.

That was exactly how we felt about Discovery in October 😢.

The older ships definitely have a better atmosphere!