Imagination Long Beach Debark & FTTF

Jetstreamer

Hi,

We have an upcoming 4 day trip on the Imagination and am interested in whether FTTF will really help us get off the ship earlier. Advertised arrival is 07:00 and ideally we would like to be curb side by 08:00.

If anyone has experience of this on the Imagination (or Inspiration) I’d be interested to know:

1. Does FTTF give you an earlier slot to walk off before everyone else without queueing (and at what time?)

2. If we have FTTF is walking off still quicker than checking the bags and getting an early debark time?

3. With FTTF, is 08:00 realisitc?

We haven’t purchased FTTF yet and this would be the only reason we would do so, to get off the ship earlier so am very interested to hear if it will help us in reality.

Thanks.

I have been on the Imagination and Inspiration MANY times. I have always had FTTF and been on board by 11:30 and walking to a cab or my car by 8:00.

Having said that, sometimes ships can get delayed when getting into port. So it is not always a for sure thing. We also like the FTTF because Catalina Island is a tender port and you are first off the ship for the tender.

People with FTTF who carry off their own luggage are told a place to meet on the ship where they are led off before the folks who have Group 1 stickers.

They are always off before the people who leave their luggage outside their cabins and before the others who carry off their own luggage.

I cannot tell you how much earlier they get off because that will vary.

On other ships at the Long Beach cruise port we have been off and at the curb by 8 with FTTF.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it depends how long it takes people to debark without FTTF to know whether it is worth it. Sounds like we'd benefit from it though as I imagine a lot of people are walk offs on these short cruises hence lines might be long.

I was just on the Imagination a few weeks ago. It will depend on whether you choose self-assist debarkation or not. Self-assist started at 7:30 AM, whether you have FTTF or not. If you have your luggage delivered to the terminal with zoned debarkation, expect Zone 2. Zoned debarkation did not begin until 9AM. When zoned debarkation began, they started by calling zones 1 through 5.

If you want to be to your car by 8AM, you will have to go with the self-assist option.

I was just on the Imagination a few weeks ago. It will depend on whether you choose self-assist debarkation or not. Self-assist started at 7:30 AM, whether you have FTTF or not. If you have your luggage delivered to the terminal with zoned debarkation, expect Zone 2. Zoned debarkation did not begin until 9AM. When zoned debarkation began, they started by calling zones 1 through 5.

If you want to be to your car by 8AM, you will have to go with the self-assist option.

Yup! No way you will be off by 8 without self-assist, (Carry your own luggage off the ship) Platinum, or Diamond status.

Hi,

We have an upcoming 4 day trip on the Imagination and am interested in whether FTTF will really help us get off the ship earlier. Advertised arrival is 07:00 and ideally we would like to be curb side by 08:00.

If anyone has experience of this on the Imagination (or Inspiration) I’d be interested to know:

1. Does FTTF give you an earlier slot to walk off before everyone else without queueing (and at what time?)

2. If we have FTTF is walking off still quicker than checking the bags and getting an early debark time?

3. With FTTF, is 08:00 realisitc?

We haven’t purchased FTTF yet and this would be the only reason we would do so, to get off the ship earlier so am very interested to hear if it will help us in reality.

Thanks.

Yes you will get off earlier.

Thanks for the replies. We will self-assist for sure. In that case does FTTF give you much time benefit?
You will be probably only gain 15 minutes with FTTF, we did self assist and got off by 8! But again, one time we (the ship) were not cleared to disembark until 8am as Immigration held up the clearance! But even though its rare, it can happen, so have a plan B :)

Diamond Self Assist is around 8am. Then Platinum, Suites, FTTF then everyone else. Majority of pax Self Assist these cruises. All off is around 10. Only you can decide if the money spent is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums