Walk to Chalisle bay beaches and public beach access

aprilsp88

Hi,

We plan to walk from cruise ship terminal to Chalisle bay and snorkel the shipwreck.

As I understand, there is a boardwalk that will take us near boatyard. My question is, will boardwalk continue so that we can access beaches, or where we can find the public access to the beach?

Thanks,

April

The Boardwalk from the cruise terminal takes you onto the main road into Bridgetown, continue past the public market and roughly opposite the Bookmakers and chocolate factory you will see a small sign "to the beach" pointing right. From there, cross small car park and walk alongside marina until you reach the bridge. Cross the bridge and cross road, walking away from the bridge until you reach Pirates Cove bar-restuarant and next street on right will give public access to the beach. About 30 minuites walk.

kelpietravels,

Thanks for the clear and detailed description. I'm able to see the landmarks on map and is confident to walk there.

Thanks,

April

What Kelpie failed to mention was the heat! :D. It was incredibly hot, even though we didn't set off for the walk to the beach until 3pm! I, as her dutiful husband (with no sense of direction whatsoever ...), just trailed behind, sweating buckets and asking 'Are we there yet?' :p

It was a good time to make the walk - the worst of the heat was passing, people were beginning to leave the beach so space was opening up, and we were able to swim and watch the start of the sunset period from the water. And the return walk was much cooler!

BTW, just before the Chocolate Factory, on the left-hand side of the road, there is the delightfully-named 'Mortuary Road' - I never did find out if it was a dead end ...