Seeking advice on Princess British Isles Cruisetour h

5bestyears

We have just booked a Princess Cruise/ landtour for July of 2019.(Ring of Kerry) Is there anyone out there that has done this one, or is about to this coming Fall of 2018?

Questions:

1. Is it worth it to do the Ireland land tour on the front side of the cruise?

2. Is it better to have an extra day in Dublin?

3. Has anyone done the cruise, and then added on extra day(s) in England, or France?

4. Anyone gone to the Military Tattoo? Is it worth it?

Any advice, experience is welcomed!

We took the 12-day British isles cruise last August with the overnight in Dublin. I enjoyed having the two days there. We spent three nights in London and one in Southampton before the cruise. The Ring of Kerry cruise tour sounds great. If you do that, adding additional days after the cruise in England would be worth it if you can work it out. I wished in retrospect that we had spent more time in London. I'm already thinking of going back this fall.

We have just booked a Princess Cruise/ landtour for July of 2019.(Ring of Kerry) Is there anyone out there that has done this one, or is about to this coming Fall of 2018?

Questions:

1. Is it worth it to do the Ireland land tour on the front side of the cruise?

2. Is it better to have an extra day in Dublin?

3. Has anyone done the cruise, and then added on extra day(s) in England, or France?

4. Anyone gone to the Military Tattoo? Is it worth it?

Any advice, experience is welcomed!

We did the Ring of Kerry land tour with Princess in 2012 and really enjoyed it. I definitely think it was worth it. At that time Princess contracted with Globus for the land part. We stayed in very nice hotels in Killarney and Cork and we had a wonderful guide. We did the land tour before the cruise and I think that was the best way to do it.

I have also seen the Edinburg Military Tattoo and definitely recommend it.

Ireland is a beautiful place and well worth doing the Ring of Kerry.

I’ve not done the Edinburgh Military Tattoo from a cruise but have done it on our own. Would highly recommend it and a unique experience.

Be aware that if it’s raining, you’re not allowed to use an umbrella (it’s an outside event), so you’re open to the elements. Good idea to take a waterproof coat (with hood / hat) at least. It can also get chilly later in the evening, so may be useful to take a sweater or blanket if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums