vegetarian options on Rhapsody of the sea

This will be our first time, we have zero experience about cruising. I am going because my wife's keen interest in it. fulfilling her dream. so many questions we have. internet package, non alcoholic drink packages etc

I did the same thing, and now I'm more addicted than she is.:)

Just keep asking questions, this is the right place.

I am going for my first cruise in Feb 2018. We are vegetarians and I am wondering if we get enough option for our meals. Please anyone with cruising experience can tell us how the food is onboard this ship.

greatly appreciated.

There are always Vegetarian options in the MDR and many in the Windjammer but feel free to discuss with your waiter in the MDR. I also am Vegetarian and cruise with RCI (28 cruises). I often ask for an extra spicy curry or a risotto and have found the chefs are usually quite happy to make your request. Try and give one days notice. Good luck

Stewart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been sailing with RCL for over 30 years and one of the reasons is that it caters for vegetarians really well. I am not a vegetarian but at least one family member is so this has always been a matter of concern.

Vegetarian options do exist on MDR menu but they might not always appeal so we tend to check the menu and then decide whether to eat in MDR on a given day. The windjammer (buffet) has a really good selection for vegetarians. Some ships even have a dedicated counter for vegetarians and vegan options. The speciality restaurants are also pretty good.

If you are planning to eat in the MDR a lot then I would recommend talking to the restaurant manager on the first day. He/she can discuss options for pre-ordering for the following day.

I have sailed with a number of cruise lines. All seem to cater for vegetarians but to date we have been happy with RCI. Only other cruise line that has impressed us with choice is P&O.

I have found it useful to notify ahead by emailing special needs. It's not necessary but gives the ship some idea of number of vegetarians to expect and gives the restaurant manager a heads up as well.

If you like Indian food then there is always an Indian vegetarian option. Its not on the menu and you have to ask for it.