Back to Back cruises on the Pearl out of NOLA

kelmac

My wife and I have experienced BtoBs on different lines, but never on NCL. We are going to do two cruises in a couple of weeks on the Pearl out of New Orleans, and we would like to know how NCL handles this procedure between cruises. Do you have to exit the ship? What time do they process the BtoB people? Do you get new cards issued? We would like to spend more time in and around New Orleans between cruises -- is there enough time? Any info would help.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

My wife and I have experienced BtoBs on different lines, but never on NCL. We are going to do two cruises in a couple of weeks on the Pearl out of New Orleans, and we would like to know how NCL handles this procedure between cruises. Do you have to exit the ship? What time do they process the BtoB people? Do you get new cards issued? We would like to spend more time in and around New Orleans between cruises -- is there enough time? Any info would help.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

In the US a ship must be zeroed down so all passengers must leave the ship. Since you wish to see New Orleans just treat it like any other port day.

If your ship card does not have your final departure date on it then at some time during your first cruise get a new ship card from Guest Services. Then on b2b day you will have an In Transit sticker and will not have to check in again.

A few days before the end of the first segment you will receive a letter in your cabin with all the b2b info on it.

Thanks for mentioning the port/country. It does make a difference vs, various intl ports.

Though I have not done a B2B in New Orleans, I would expect it to be similar to other U.S. cities. They do have to 'zero' out the ship and you may need to deal with immigration. The good news is they have to get all this done in the morning before they start boarding folks.

They will contact you onboard and have you meet somewhere that morning and then you go tour New Orleans on your own and come back when you want.

In the US a ship must be zeroed down so all passengers must leave the ship. Since you wish to see New Orleans just treat it like any other port day.

If your ship card does not have your final departure date on it then at some time during your first cruise get a new ship card from Guest Services. Then on b2b day you will have an In Transit sticker and will not have to check in again.

A few days before the end of the first segment you will receive a letter in your cabin with all the b2b info on it.

Thanks for mentioning the port/country. It does make a difference vs, various intl ports.

Though I have not done a B2B in New Orleans, I would expect it to be similar to other U.S. cities. They do have to 'zero' out the ship and you may need to deal with immigration. The good news is they have to get all this done in the morning before they start boarding folks.

They will contact you onboard and have you meet somewhere that morning and then you go tour New Orleans on your own and come back when you want.

Thanks NMLady and garycarla, great info! :D