mini bottles?

soozaay

Ok all of you booze smugglers out there....has anyone brought those little mini/airplane booze bottles on board to have in their room? If so, did you have them hidden in your checked bags or your carry-on?

Thanks!

I know that every one has their own special way of smuggling liquor - but we bought those little plastic travel bottles they sell for your shampoo, conditioneer etc. Ran them through the dishwasher and filled them up - then I just put them in a ziploc baggie and spread them into our various suitcases - I figured they wouldn't get them all actually they didn't get any - and DH had lil' travel containers he could just pull out of his pocket and pour into his coke wherever - we didn't have to run to our room all the time like some of our fellow guests.

I know that every one has their own special way of smuggling liquor - but we bought those little plastic travel bottles they sell for your shampoo, conditioneer etc. Ran them through the dishwasher and filled them up - then I just put them in a ziploc baggie and spread them into our various suitcases - I figured they wouldn't get them all actually they didn't get any - and DH had lil' travel containers he could just pull out of his pocket and pour into his coke wherever - we didn't have to run to our room all the time like some of our fellow guests.

Hey Okie Girl - Can't beleive I found both your posts! Welcome to cruise critic!

Sha

• 3 weeks later...

I threw a couple of the little plastic bottles in my suitcase. Then for Tequila I filled up a plastic bottle that Lipton Tea came in and for Rum I used a Sprite Bottle. Carried them on with no problem. But I really got the feeling I could have carried the original bottle on (not in plain view) and nothing would have been said, but why take a chance?

What about wine? I understand you are allowed to take wine and champagne onboard, but how do you get it through at the airport?
It's not illegal to travel with alcohol. It is against FAA regulations to consume alcohol on a plane that was not provided by the airline. Just pack the wine carefully. We carry it on the plane with us if it's a couple bottles.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok all of you booze smugglers out there....has anyone brought those little mini/airplane booze bottles on board to have in their room? If so, did you have them hidden in your checked bags or your carry-on?

Thanks!

carry them in anything you want, they do not check that closely. We bought different kinds of booze in Puerto Rico along with the mini bottles and the mini bottles were in a back pack they did not even check:D

• 3 weeks later...

I pack them in my carry on with my make up etc... I like to bring mini bottles of irish cream-put one every eve in my evening bag and use it in my coffee after dinner- i shared it every night with my table mates. It became a tradition !! we all looked forward to every evening.

Nadine

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy minis just to smuggle on board it would be cheaper to buy a bottle from room service. You get 50ml for about $2-3. A bottle is 1000ml and is about $20-25. Thats 20x mini cost. Just take what you want and put it well wrapped in your luggage and nothing will happen. I pay less than $10 for a 1.75 of vodka (brand) so minis don't pay. Never have been stopped at initial boarding and we take 2 1.75's.

• 11 years later...
If you buy minis just to smuggle on board it would be cheaper to buy a bottle from room service. You get 50ml for about $2-3. A bottle is 1000ml and is about $20-25. Thats 20x mini cost. Just take what you want and put it well wrapped in your luggage and nothing will happen. I pay less than $10 for a 1.75 of vodka (brand) so minis don't pay. Never have been stopped at initial boarding and we take 2 1.75's.

I got caught. Luggage was held overnight and had to line up and pay $15 per bottle wine corkage. Don't know about booze but I think they might confiscate it. I am trying plastic bags with vodka this time. See how it goes. Get them on Amazon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks!

Check with your liquor store for pocketshot. Can make a belt out of them for under your shirt and just walk in with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...