taxi from cruise port to airport

russftl

WE are arriving at the port at 8am. will we be able to catch an 11am flight to the states?

Thanks

Russ

Not likely. It's recommended that you arrive 3 hrs in advance. By the time you get off the ship and get to the airport during rush hour, you will miss the cut off time.

You not only go thru Bahamas Customs, but US Immigration is done in the Bahamian as well.

You may also be delayed at the port (customs) due to you leaving the ship and not returning via the cruise.

• 2 months later...

We are in this very situation in November. We arrive in to Nassau at 12 noon on MSC Seaside and have a flight out of Nassau at 15.42 pm to Miami. This is the only flight we can get as we are flying back to the UK from Miami at 11.00 pm that night. How far away is the airport from the cruise port and are there taxi's readily available at the port when we disembark?

Taxi's are available outside the port exit. The trip should take 25 - 30 minutes. Airlines prefer that you arrive 3 hours in advance to get thru Bahamas customs and US Immigration and customs before boarding.

Thank you. Is the airport as bad as I have read in that the lines are long and immigration and customs take for ever? We disembark at 12 noon and have a 3.47 pm flight to Miami.

Depends on the time of day. U should head directly to the airport and have you paperwork in order. U will need to fill out US customs and immigration forms. U can find them online then quickly transfer the information to the official docs when u get to the aiport. Some info is done at kiosks.

Can u do an online check in before arrival? That will save some time

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thank you. Is the airport as bad as I have read in that the lines are long and immigration and customs take for ever? We disembark at 12 noon and have a 3.47 pm flight to Miami.

Which airline?

We definitely do not get to Nassau airport 3 hours before flights, lol. Even with multiple flights, security has been about 3 - 4 minutes. Check-in might take a tad longer but really, they don't generally have a ton of flights. You will do US immigration there and I have never seen a line longer than a couple of people.

Usually from getting out of the cab to sitting at the gate is about 15 - 20 minutes for us. Could a crazy out of the ordinary scenario happen? Sure. But I think if you jump off at 12 and head to the airport you will have way more than enough time.

Taxi's are waiting just outside the cruise port, they won't let you miss them, believe me. You'll be hounded constantly as you walk out of the port.