Food experience on Seabourn gone downhill since Carnival taken over.

Mcadamia

Having bounced between Seabourn and Silversea numerous times over the past 10 years, IMHO, all aspects of the luxury experience is cyclical. Two good years on one line, then standards slip and off you go to the opposition until the same occurs there. In most cases when returning to the previous line standards have returned to the original high standard.

The positive in being able to quiz other cruisers on cruise critic, is being able to make a more judgmental decision based on fact.

If you cruise on a regular basis the only way to truly know if the grass is greener is to jump ship and post your experiences here. The luxury cruise industry will be awash with new players during 2018-19, which makes it even more difficult choosing your next cruise without some friendly advice.

The problem is you are nog getting fact. You are getting opinion.

Toryhere - we have cruised at least three times with Regent, Seadream, Silversea and Seabourn.

What makes us come back to Seabourn and not any of the others is probably that when we decide who our next cruise is to be with, it is always Seabourn nowadays.

As to why, this is completely personal, but I think it is mainly the staff on board - personable, intelligent, friendly and helpful. Obviously we also think that the overall standard of food etc. is at least as good as any of the other lines.

You may have different priorities.

Thanks for that honest opinion. As you say it is all subjective.

Each of the luxury lines offers a different combination of features and one picks the one that has a combination nearest one’s ideal.

I think it would be good to have a thread on the features that members of CC think are the most important.

I’d say that for me the biggest feature I want is to feel like I’m not on a cruise but on a voyage with a few like minded people as guests on a yacht

I think the food has improved over recent cruises with Seabourn. I like the ability to switch between healthy or indulgent. On our last cruise over Christmas & the New Year I was keen not to put on weight but the odd indulgent treat was enjoyed.

Particularly on the larger ships with a choice of Sushi, Thomas Keller, the main dining room, the patio Grill and the grazing buffet option in the Colonnade I have always found something to match my mood. The main restaurant in particular has shone on the last couple of trips.

Henry :)

• 3 weeks later...
I think the food has improved over recent cruises with Seabourn. I like the ability to switch between healthy or indulgent. On our last cruise over Christmas & the New Year I was keen not to put on weight but the odd indulgent treat was enjoyed.

Particularly on the larger ships with a choice of Sushi, Thomas Keller, the main dining room, the patio Grill and the grazing buffet option in the Colonnade I have always found something to match my mood. The main restaurant in particular has shone on the last couple of trips.

Henry :)

Did you manage to eat all of that large Santa I saw you with.🧐

Sent from my iPad using Forums