Active excursions

rma2001

We are doing a Princess land cruise in June 2019 and I'm wondering if there were good active excursions available along our stops. I am looking more for actual mountain biking or road biking (not a downhill coasting tour) or a hike that isn't along a boardwalk with 1000s of other people. Either with Princess or not is fine. I'll be doing a marathon the week before and am in good shape.

Our stops are

Denali Princess Wilderness lodge (2 nights)

Mt McKinley lodge (2 nights)

Skagway

Juneau

Ketchikan

Any suggestions?

Spousal Unit and I enjoyed our extended glacier trek in Juneau and hike, bike, and float in Skagway. Skagway also has a fun steep trail system, which I took up to Lower Dewey Lake. My trip report has pictures and more specifics on all of these activities.

Edited by Rydain
Fixed link to trip report

Spousal Unit and I enjoyed our extended glacier trek in Juneau and hike, bike, and float in Skagway. Skagway also has a fun steep trail system, which I took up to Lower Dewey Lake. My trip report has pictures and more specifics on all of these activities.

That is great stuff, thanks!

Wow, what a great report. Thanks!

There are so many active excursions in each port! We are taking our 5th cruise to alaska this summer. Everyone asks why we are going again...I say there’s so much to do...just can’t fit it in one trip! Some of the things we have done.......

Zip lines

Heli/dog sledding

Bear viewing

Kayaking-

Horseback riding

Hiking

Heli/Glacier trekking

Ice climbing

Jet boat trips

Whale watching

One of my favorite excursions was in Juneau through North Star Trekking. We heli’d to a glacier, put on crampons and hiked the most beautiful glacier. Went in ice caves and then put harnesses on and ice climbed. It was fantastic and the company to excellent! Booked independently. Pier pickup and drop off

We have ziplined in Icy Strait point, Ketchikan and Juneau. Each excursion was very different and very exhilarating.

In Seward we took a water taxi into kenai fjords National Park to a remote beach where we picked up our kayaks and paddled through small icebergs to a spit of land across from a calving Aialik glacier...where we had a picnic lunch! Amazing excursion! Booked through kayakak.com

There’s just so much to do....do your research and don’t be afraid to book independently