Regal princess St. Marteen excursion SXM-815 ?

new2cruisin2018

I have not been on this shore excursion; however,

Here are my suggestions.

1. take a taxi from the port and have them drive you around the island. I was in St. Marteen last month. There is still quite a bit of hurricane damage.

2. Get off ship and either walk or take the water taxi to the beach which is right across from where the ships dock. You can rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach and there are plenty of places to shop and eat/drink at the beach. You can watch the ships as they enter/leave the port

http://www.portstmaartenwebcam.com/

if you click on the above link you can see my second suggestions; anymore questions I would be glad to answer

DO NOT go to the beach that is in town in St Martin. Although it may “look” nice the water is polluted. Apparently sewage drains into the water there. This has been a known issue for years. Supposedly they are “ working” on it. Goggle Great Bay pollution in St Martin for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone provide me with any info. / experience with this excursion on St.Marteen thru Princess cruises?

CIRCLE ISLAND SCENIC CRUISE, SNORKEL & BEACH

No experience with that exact one. But we signed up for the Self-Drive Boat Tour and Snorkel from Simpson Bay through Viator. Princess offers a similar one but a bit more pricey. We will be doing it on Thursday 3/22

DO NOT go to the beach that is in town in St Martin. Although it may “look” nice the water is polluted. Apparently sewage drains into the water there. This has been a known issue for years. Supposedly they are “ working” on it. Goggle Great Bay pollution in St Martin for more info.

Wow thanks for that info, sounds scary, are you suggesting we do what previous poster says, get a water taxi, if so to where? Where is safe?

Well I should be dead then as I have been swimming in this bay for many years while on vacation.

During times of extremely heavy rain and the sewers have over flowed it has been known that it has gone into the Great Bay. It is not an ongoing everyday occurrence.

With the hurricanes that went through last September there is not a place on the island that was not contaminated in some way.

Well I should be dead then as I have been swimming in this bay for many years while on vacation.

During times of extremely heavy rain and the sewers have over flowed it has been known that it has gone into the Great Bay. It is not an ongoing everyday occurrence.

With the hurricanes that went through last September there is not a place on the island that was not contaminated in some way.

Totally agree with you. Been on that beach twice with no issues