Parking in Ft Lauderdale during cruise

kimandal

We'll be taking our first cruise 11/11/17 on Freedom and I'm driving to Ft Lauderdale.

I'd appreciate any information about parking for the duration of the cruise at a reasonable cost and either offer transport to the dock or are a reasonable distance for taxi or Uber.

Parking at the hotel where we are staying costs more than I'd like....

I'm also open to other parking options if anyone knows of safe, cost-effective alternative(s).

Looking forward to new experiences and new acquaintances! Kim and Alvin

Did much research on this for our parking in Fort Lauderdale. Our go to place is now always Park N Go. They have excellent service. Pay and book ahead online for additional savings.

They even give a complimentary bottle of water for everyone upon return from you cruise. Definitely a nice gesture, as we are usually thirsty by the time we get through customs. :)

Edited by APDMOM
typo

Another vote for Park-N-Go. I've use them quite a few times. Pre-booking is the way to go. On my August cruise I priced them and Park-N-Fly. Of course Park-N-Fly came approx $60 higher. Can't understand why such a big difference.

• 4 months later...

Another BIG fan of Park N Go in FLL. The lot is right off I595, drop off your bags, they park your car, the ship terminal is a short drive away. When you return, the shuttle is right there waiting for you at the terminal, they have your car lined up in their lot, they drop you right at your car and load the bags into the trunk and off you go. Couldn't be any easier. And making an advance reservation and pre-paying your stay is the inexpensive way to go.

The midport garage is covered. You will appreciate this when you're getting into your car after the cruise, and won't turn into steam. It is also more expensive. It's easier on embarkation day, because you drop off your luggage at the terminal, then go to parking, shuttle back. After the cruise is over, the shuttle will drop you off in front of the garage and you're on your own with the small elevators to get your luggage back to your car - assuming you find it, because the parking spaces aren't well marked.

The Park N Go is less expensive, and the shuttle drops you off near your car (so I'm told). If you don't mind baking in your car as you drive off, it's a more convenient option.

Park N Go

Easy to reach. Our hotel is north of 595 so we go south on

S Andrews Ave to Eller Dr and right around to their driveway.

Never have to get on the freeway, no traffic. (Look at Google map)

When going home it’s very easy to get right on 595.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another BIG fan of Park N Go in FLL. The lot is right off I595, drop off your bags, they park your car, the ship terminal is a short drive away. When you return, the shuttle is right there waiting for you at the terminal, they have your car lined up in their lot, they drop you right at your car and load the bags into the trunk and off you go. Couldn't be any easier. And making an advance reservation and pre-paying your stay is the inexpensive way to go.

You may want to check the date on the posts before you respond to some older posts. The OP's cruise left on 11/11/17. But perhaps you'll help someone else.