Recommendations/Help with Travel from EWR/LGA to Cape Liberty

tj_shopper

Hi. My family and I will be cruising on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas on Friday, July 27th to Friday, August 3rd. We will be flying into Newark on Thursday, July 26th and staying in New York. I know - it's not ideal but we are meeting other family there. Questions:

1. On Friday, July 27th, we plan on taking a car service to Cape Liberty. I heard on this forum to call either Dial 7 or Carmellimo. What time do you think we should leave for the port? Departure is 3:00 p.m. but I'd like to be there as soon as we can board. What time would that be and how long would it take to get from New York City to Cape Liberty? There will be six of us. I assume we should get two cars. Would Uber/Lyft be a better option than the car service?
  2. On Friday, August 3rd, we will be heading home (Chicago) on a flight out of LaGuardia (I know - we should have booked Newark) at 9:45 a.m. Disembarkment is at 7:00 a.m. Will we be able to make our flight at 9:45 a.m. at LaGuardia if we take our own luggage and self-disembark? We've gone on many caribbean cruises on Royal Caribbean and have never had a problem with a flight this early. But, we've never done one out of New Jersey. Also, there will only be 4 of us on this flight. Should I pre-book a car or just get an uber/lyft?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The travel time from Manhattan to Cape Liberty depends very much on the time you leave. In the morning rush you could experience a trip of an hour or more even though Cape Liberty is not that far. Also Dial 7 and Carmel are good choices for the trip. As far as your disembarkation and travel to LGA ... that would be very tight for a 9:45 flight but not impossible. Again, Dial 7 or Carmel.

The 9:45 am return flight is a big problem. You're traveling from New Jersey to LGA on a weekday morning during rush hour. To further complicate matters construction at LGA has made travel there a bigger mess than usual, and on a weekday at that time TSA security lines could be very long.

You better pre book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel. The last thing you need is to have to wait an unknown amount of time for an Uber car to arrive.

Thank you both for your response. I've gone ahead and changed our flights to 12:00 p.m. I really didn't want to have a relaxing vacation only to be stressed afterwards on making it home. Thanks again!

Thank you both for your response. I've gone ahead and changed our flights to 12:00 p.m. I really didn't want to have a relaxing vacation only to be stressed afterwards on making it home. Thanks again!

Excellent decision! You should still plan to disembark as early as possible - anything can happen between Cape Liberty and LGA on a Friday morning.

Very good .... enjoy the cruise.